1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

charge owner feedback

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by elucid, May 14, 2011.

1. elucid

elucid New Member

I played withe the charge and it seems amazing. Does it ever lag on you? Especially interested if is faster than the DX. I have a d1 and have played with a dx. Is it as fast as a dx. Performance and $300 price holding me back.
  2. senormoll

senormoll New Member

oh man, compared to the D1 anything is an upgrade. I had the D1, DX, and picked up the Charge today. It seems roughly as fast as the DX, though I haven't applied the 0-day update yet as I don't know the implications yet for rooting/roms. I'd imagine it would make the phone more responsive, though.

the memory is the same as the DX, so using ADW plus a live wallpaper and having skype and some other stuff open, it does stutter here and there, the same way my X did.

i got it for 3 reasons:
    1) the screen is amazing. I originally wanted the fascinate, but got impatient and got the X. dont really regret it, especially now that i have the amoled plus
    2) verizon will be limited data in the summer. i use my laptop w/ pdanet every day, so this would have killed me
    3) dual core seems a little stupid to me right now. i rarely play games and would hardly use the second core, and i would imagine it cuts into battery life. the droid battery life so far >>>>> the droid X
  3. hooskins

hooskins New Member

Picked mine up today, and I really like it. Screen is amazing, can't hate on the hdmi out, and great battery l life. There are concerns about the ui, but I just use launcher pro. Haven't had any major issues with the speed using point 512mb ram. additionally I think the issues about the phone losing 4g down to 1x is a bit ovwrblown. Been on 4g last hours without issues.

Overall I like it, and had limited choice as my og droid crapped out and needed a Phone for work. It was this or the thunderbolt. I need a lot of battery life because I use bluetooth all day for work.screen was too good to resist. Also too many people have a thunderbolt and I like being different.

Also mn sorry for the typos,i am messing with the swype keyboard.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  4. brockeverly

brockeverly New Member

Just an FYI, all carriers are currently tracking things like this. People say it cannot be tracked, but it can. I have had more than a handful of customers come in that their service was shut off due to T&C violations for these applications. And people using crap like this on a daily basis, such as yourself, will be the reason for tiered data plans (if it ever happens), so thank you for ruining it for the rest of us.
Search tags for this page

how to speed up samsung charge