Charge or wait?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by tekjunkie28, May 13, 2011.

1. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 New Member

So my original Droid crapped out on me today... no screen but otherwise phone starts up. Cant even get into the boot loader, so my thoughts are buy a droid charge at retail (i sold my Iphone and went back to this phone so i have set that $$ aside for this particular situation. Should I buy a charge and just hold out the year till my other line come up for upgrade in march of 2012 or just order another droid (under warrenty)?
  2. akhi216

akhi216 Member

I'd wait. By March of next year, there with be superphones with quad-core processors that are capable of playing blu-ray quality videos.

*will*

Sent from my PG06100 using DroidForums
  3. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

Depends on what you want, 4G now or something else later. There is always going to be something else that is better right around the corner, that's the problem.

Honestly I am seriously considering just getting a used Droid X off eBay and rolling with that for now, as much as I want the SAMOLED display I just can't justify retail on this phone :(
  4. Cry Baby

Cry Baby New Member

Might as well try it out. Just hand on to your receipt.
  5. music life

music life Member

that might be pushing it. there are only a few dual core phones atm. i wouldnt be surprised if they go after quad core late 2012
  6. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Definitely going to wait. Played with a Charge for an hour and a half (in 3g market) and it's only a couple of seconds faster on internet downloads compared to my D1. I also found my rooted D1 to be faster in normal tasks. Another very strange thing I found was that, even on maximum brightness, the charge screen wasn't as bright as my D1 (I fully admit that the super amoled plus has better clarity). I don't think this area will get 4G until '13 or later, so I'm seriously going to consider getting the X2 if it comes out this month as speculated. Even though I hate that it looks almost identical to the X1. The only thing that would probably prevent that is if the Galaxy S2 is strongly confirmed to be coming to V in the near future.
  7. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Dont get the Charge. Its got an old processor and low ram. If you want 4g and need it now, the Thunderbolt is faster and has more ram, but on the downside people have been reporting low battery life.

If Verizon doesnt release a dual core this summer I am jumping ship and going with another carrier. Other carriers already have dual core.

Sent from my fascinate
  8. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

I'd wait. If your D1 become unbearable, I'd buy a Droid X off eBay for about $200 - $300.
  9. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

If my cheapness doesn't win out, I may do just that.:dry:
  10. vzdroid13

vzdroid13 New Member

I don't see how you can even consider keeping a D1 for another year. I have a D1 and I plan on getting a Charge as soon as I can get to a Vzw store. I'm eligible for an upgrade, but if you aren't, you should consider buying it at the full retail frome best buy with their buy back program, and you can get a lot of it back whenever your upgrade is; if you have to wait a year you'll get 40% of the retail cost back if you sell it back. If you get them to match VZs price, it'll be about 600, and you'll get 240 back in a year, so you'll have spent 360 on the phone. ----or you could sell it on ebay or craigslist and try to get more.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  11. Stelv

Stelv New Member

If you got a Charge on a 2year contract you will be disappointed in a couple months when the newer technology eventually comes out. Its right around the corner. Besides 4g the Charge is basically old technology.

Sent from my fascinate
  12. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

If your D1 is done, I would upgrade now. I left my DX for the Thunderbolt. The DX was great, but I like the form feel of the TBolt. My only problem is battery life. I just try and charge the phone now often. I'm sure something will be worked out for that issue. Plus, if you root your phone then either the TBOLT or Charge will be worth the purchase.
  13. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

I would just got for a D2 or DX or INC2 now... nothing at all wrong with those phones... The Tbolt might be a little too ahead of it's time in the 4G race... battery technology really needs to catch up.

Still great phones all around are available now.
  14. s_brethauer04

s_brethauer04 New Member

I'm giving my wife my TBolt. The phone is nice and all, but honestly its just another Android device. I think these devices have had way too much hype. I'm getting a white D2G and letting my wife take my tbolt. Call me crazy, but I've always liked the D2G and it looks sweet in white. Is wait if I was you. I had some hands on, on both the Charge, and the Revolution. Like I said, nothing out of this world, just another Android device. I'd wait till 4G is running a little smoother and they work out all the kinks. D3 looks nice too and he incredible 2 is nice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  15. czm2000

czm2000 New Member

I've got a Droid X with all the goodies for $399 if you're interested. OEM Slim Extended Battery, OEM Leather Case, OEM Media Dock, OEM Car Dock, Extra Steinhal Crystal Clear Screen Protector, also still have the unused original battery.

PM me if you're interested.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  16. hooskins

hooskins New Member

Haha so the same thing happened to me a week ago. My og droid crapped out on me. Being a company phone i lost my ability to stay connected at work. So they shipped me a pos iphone!! Needless to say that phone sucks and i decided to exchange it today with the Samsung charge.

I don't have an issue with the phone, like most people do. I am in a different situation in that its not my money being shelled out and the fact i needed some sort of phone for work asap. Just funny our droid ones crapped out around the same time
  17. pedromartinez

pedromartinez New Member

I have the same feeling.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  18. pedromartinez

pedromartinez New Member

I would wait. I played with the phone yesterday, and it has several negatives. The most unusual is that it gets the same Quadrant score as my HTC Incredible 1. It also has a nasty disgusting interface. I mean browns and bright oranges. Big nasty fake iPhone look alike icons. The screen is gorgeous but that is not enough.

Verizon is dicking there customers with these laughable Androids. AT&T has had the Atrix for months now and they are releasing phones with the same performance as a phone from last April? And having consistent delays. I don't know what they are doing...

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  19. hooskins

hooskins New Member

UI sucks, but i never use stock UIs for launchers. The orange windows can be bothersome, but haven't really paid attention to it.

20. czm2000

czm2000 New Member

Yeah, the orange interface is pretty lousy. But I don't pay it much attention. You don't run into it as often as you might think.

Search tags for this page

should i wait until battery is low to charge samsung galexy