Charge or t bolt ?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by cbryant1809, May 20, 2011.

1. Originaldobo

Originaldobo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a tbolt and had massive problems with it.. When I received my charge it was laggy but the battery was great and overall it was a good device than I did the voodoo lag fix on it and now it is just as fast if not faster than the tbolt and the battery is way better. Couple that with launcher pro and you will have the perfect phone till the galaxy s 2 comes out lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

2. mig1234

mig1234 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the Charge for 2 weeks with no problems at all. The camera is awesome and the Video is outstang use Launcher Pro to hide the bloated apps and it looks awesome. Google GPS is fantastic. Baterry life is ok. On this phone you actually switch between 3G and 4G very easily. I run it on 3G when I don't need 4G and also turn off wiFi, bloototh, GPS, Mobile data and use it as an Ipod and it it lasts all day. When I need a connection to download I use the 4G, otherwise it stays on 3G and it gives me a full day.

This is a much higher end phone than anything around. You will read that the back is plastic and this and that. It's a solid light phone compared to the Thunderbolt.

The color os amazing: ther is nothing like it out there.

You get a 25 dollar card to download movies to your phone but you can't watch them on you TV thru HDMI.

This phone is solid and the best 4G out there right now. They say is large but look at 4.3 screen and its the same on most 4G phones. I love and I'm enjoying this phone. For 299 bucks its more than worth it, honestly.

#38 mig1234, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  3. TJF2011

TJF2011 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I just switched from the T Bolt to the Charge... I have to say.. ive never been happier.. I originally went from the Droid x to the T Bolt. WHAT A MISTAKE. My T Bolt had some many issues that Verizon could not fix. I even spoke with HTC.. the T Bolt IS having issues that they cannot seem to fix. Where is the quality phone that i was promised?? Ive had my Charge for a week now and im happy... The screen is crystal clear, battery life is way better, and you can customize more settings (without root). Of course the T Bolt came with 8GB of phone memory where as the Charge only has 2GB..both come with a 32 GB microsd card, so really no biggie. The battery life was absolutely horrible on the T Bolt, ya sure.. you can argue that if you turn off your wifi, gps, and all these other settings that you will get great battery time, but then your just left with a regular phone. We do not buy these phones just to have a regular phone. So far the Samsung is a great phone, i havent heard hardly anything bad about it in comparison to the T Bolt.. The only issue that i usually hear about is the homescreen lag. which is easily fixed by downloading GO Launcher EX off the android market, plus that looks better.... all in all, side by side... T Bolt vs Charge... the CHARGED hands down.

4. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I used the camera of the charge...it was horrible in comparison to my thunderbolt. I like pictures, so camera is important. The samsung felt cheap too. I also hate the samsung widgets, and the screen along with the browser experience a lot of lag when compared to thunderbolt. Check reviews on the two phones, browsing on the charge was nowhere near as nice as on thunderbolt. I had the dx also before this, night and day difference.

Battery is bad. All in all this phone is far from perfect, needs a lot of work. But the only thing the charge has over my thunderbolt is the screen...if that. (not a fan of amoled over saturated colors)

5. TJF2011

TJF2011 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah there are pros and cons to both phones... so you gotta pick the phone that you can actually use.. which would be the Charge.. the T Bolt is currently having lots of issues that will not soon be fixed.. i obviously chose the T Bolt because it WAS a good phone, now with the issues, i was obligated to switch to the charge, atleast i have a phone that works. If they fix all the issues Verizon will let me switch back to the T Bolt but according to HTC, to fix all these issues will take MONTHS !!.. so buying a T Bolt right now would not be beneficial.. so far i love my charge.

6. jdshort2010

jdshort2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can give you about 10 reasons not to buy a Thunderbolt. My fiance just bought one; she has had it for less than 90 days and she is already encountering tons of issue. Primarily, the phone reboots itself anywher from 2-20x's daily. She was in the middle of a phone call with me and boom, restarts. Texting her friends and boom, restarts. Charges it at night w/ the phone on and she wakes up with it turned off. She is on her second Thunderbolt under 90 days and still having the same issues. Not to mention the horrible battery life that phone provides. The GUI is pretty sweet but seems to be some pretty annoying issues with a phone that just released.

7. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    i have 2 firends, one with each of the phones.
    the one with the TB really likes it when it doesn't reboot. he has about 2-3 a day at LEAST. he is in a 4G area, and gets 6 hours of use out of it. he has extended it to 10 hours with 4g off.

the one with the Charge, has nothing but good things to say about it. gets a full day out of the battery without turning 4g off. great screen, nice size.

i actually wanted the TB, but i would take the charge over the TB any day. i actually LOVE the size/weight, and it feels just as snappy as the TB with a launcher installed on it.

8. TJF2011

TJF2011 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I know 2 other people who have T Bolts and they both hate them and wondering how they can get rid of them. Dont try and get any information out of Verizon Wireless.. they say the T Bolt is the greatest phone out there with no problems at all.. I asked them today what rock are they living under, give me a break... I do not know anyone personally who has not had a problem with the T Bolt....

9. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I don't have the reboot problem. Even my gps is fine. I had that problem at first.

The only problem that bothers me is the battery. It kills battery even when the screen is off. It drains in strange ways.

I went to the store and played with the charge...nothing impressive tbh. The home screen was so laggy. Even websites with a ton of things were laggy. Just not that great a performer. Even the pictures were terrible...and I took one with my phone and the charge to compare. There was no comparison.

10. mig1234

mig1234 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Make it faster with no Bugs.

There is a root for the Droid Charge that I have been trying out for 4 days now. This uses Laucher Pro and gets rid of the Bloated apps. It gets rooted too. Follow the directions, they even have them in picture for. Here is the website.

[Odin][Rom][5/29/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha** Voodoo & CWM, ED2 with root - xda-developers

It did not brick my phone but man , it made it faster.

You can also bring it back to stock. Droid Charge Stock Rom - Android Forums

You will not regret doing it.

11. GunnerJim

GunnerJim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not think there is a comparison, the Droid Charge is a better product- Display, camera, battery, LTE speed, ability to shift on the fly-3G/4G, the hotspot is amazing, and Samsung is getting better and better. UNLOCKED Bootloader, HTC is realizing this mistake now.

12. sir2545

sir2545 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just returned my Charge today. A lot of things to like about it, but it lagged alot and I got too used to voice and data on 3G. Not to mention the developer support. I'm happy with the Tbolt, it may have a few issues ATM, but once they are ironed out, it'll be a great phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums