charge help needed

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Wommp, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Wommp

Wommp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just purchased the charge the other day. so far i love it...this is my first smartphone so im a noobie about apps and what not. the battery life goes kind of fast cause i havent put it down. what battery saving apps should i download? and is it worth it to root the charge?

any help is appreciated.
    thanks

2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    i would suggest you play with the phone a bit, get an idea of what you like and dont, read as much as you can here, look through the market to see what apps/games/etc you like before modding the phone.

!!!rooting alone wont save battery, and voids your warranty!!!
    what rooting does is give you "super user" permissions to access the full potential of your phone. can you save battery? yes, but its the apps/mods that only work rooted that save batt. not the root itself.
    so, i could ramble on for another hour, but the bottom line is, what are YOU prepared to do to the phone lol.
    anything i suggest will make the phone faster and free of bloat,
    the question is, are you ready to take the next step?

3. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the battery can be rough . It usually lasts around 10 hours for me. To save battery I put brightness of the screen to the lowest setting and I only set my gmail to auto refresh. Also, I don't really play any games, but if I do I put it on the charger. I usually have a charger near me just in case, but seriously don't return this phone if you think the battery stinks. You can get another stock OEM battery for 15 bucks online. You could also get an extended battery. But I've had this phone for a couple weeks now and so far so good

Sent from my droid charge