Charge battery I'm bricked

whittwhittaker

Reaction score
Long story short, rooted phone went into boot loop. following instuctions to reflash when all of a sudden battery says low. Looked up how to rig a usb charger directly onto the battery. Here lies my proeblem. All the stuff online is for the RAZR. I have a Ro=AZR MAXX. the battery seems to be the only differences in these phones and the how to does not work. How do I get power to this phone so I can reflash?

OP
W

whittwhittaker

Reaction score
Tried that. at least a dozen times. all it does is reboot and say Invalid Flash Mode(S) (Boot Failure). also have errors:
Invalid CG OTV (CG:webtop): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version(CG:webtop)
Invalid CG OTV (CG:webtop)

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Wish I could've been more help. Lotsa good people on this forum with much more knowledge than me. I'm sure someone will post a solution. Best of luck

jeff70

Reaction score
Long story short, rooted phone went into boot loop. following instuctions to reflash when all of a sudden battery says low. Looked up how to rig a usb charger directly onto the battery. Here lies my proeblem. All the stuff online is for the RAZR. I have a Ro=AZR MAXX. the battery seems to be the only differences in these phones and the how to does not work. How do I get power to this phone so I can reflash?

I also don't have a great deal of experience with rooting so you might want to check out the Droid RAZR Hacks section of the forum for more detailed info

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Tried that. at least a dozen times. all it does is reboot and say Invalid Flash Mode(S) (Boot Failure). also have errors:
Invalid CG OTV (CG:webtop): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version(CG:webtop)
Invalid CG OTV (CG:webtop)

You can also try rigging up a Factory Programming cable. It will essentially bypass the charging circuitry and supply power directly to the phone AND/OR charge the battery depending on whether you wish to simply charge or program. They can also be purchased from several sources, but you'd obviously have to wait to get it in the mail and then there's the cost...

Good luck! :biggrin: