Charge and slingbox

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by nalgon, Jul 30, 2011.

1. nalgon

nalgon New Member

does anyone have problems with the charge and slingbox. My connection with the slingbox keeps freezing. I never had trouble with my ally which was 3g.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  2. expidia

expidia New Member

If you Google your question as I did when I was thinking of hooking my Slingbox up you will read on other forums where many are having issues with their Sling Mobile freezing.

Sling media has evolved into a crap company after they were sold to some media company.

For me to use my Slingbox they wanted me to upgrade from my Classic to their Solo unit ($159). Reading user reviews on Amazon many, many users are unhappy with their Solo units burning out within a year and Sling Media refuses to do a recall of a faulty capacitor issue. Also, they want to charge you like $30 per incident just to talk to their customer service after the first 30 days.

They also want you to purchase for another $30 their Droid Sling media app (the one that freezes). Ticks me off too that they offered me no discount for the Droid software since I had already paid for Sling Mobile on my Blackberry and then when VZ replaced my BB 9650 (it froze often on that PDA too) with the next model up, Sling Mobile never released a version for the BB Bold 9650.

Bottom line is Netflix charges you zero to download their app and for $7.99 a month their unlimeted streaming has been flawless for me. If you get a Roku for $59 for home, you can watch Netflix on any home TV too. And up to 6 devices per Netflix account.

For a $5 HDMI cable you can feed a tv from your Charge too. I think Netflix is a better deal than Slingbox. After I subscribed to Netflix I canceled 3 premium cable pay stations.
Search tags for this page
galaxy s4 slingplayer freezes

sling charge

sling player freezing on s4
sling player samsung s4 freezes
slingbox recall
slingbox solo burned out
slingplayer for samsung charge
slingplayer freezing galaxy 3

slingplayer keeps freezing

slingplayer mobile freezes
why does my slingbox keep freezing up