Charge and Charter e-mail

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by gmd, Sep 13, 2011.

1. gmd

gmd New Member

Well, My new charge is a challenge to get setup to say the least. When I tried to setup my Charter e-mail I let it setup automatically. It seemed to work fine albeit with some minor differences than regular e-mail clients. IE the default e-mail program didn't seem to save sent mail to my "sent mail folder". Then yesterday the phone tried to retrieve mail and it just kept running and running.(little icon circling forever). I removed the account thinking something was wrong. I went to set it up again automatically and now all I get is an unable to connect to server. All the settings seem correct. I contacted verizon and charter to pretty much no avail. The verizon tech finally wanted me to load k9. We did and he helped me get it set up but now when my phone is on...my desktop e-mail client(outlook express) is locked out. Charter was NO help at all with this as they don't support anything other than their webmail. Funny because when I signed up to charter years ago they didn't have any such thing and outlook express or eudora were the two main programs that they did help setup for you.

So at this point I have removed k9 and I can't get the default e-mail program to auto configure. What do you suggest? I tried to use the e-mail setup listed in this forum and only about 2 of the screen shots show. For all the rest I get the big red X

thanks for any help you can be
    GMD
  2. gmd

gmd New Member

Just a follow up. I got the e-mail account reinstalled and it seemed to work again for awhile. Now it download and showed some messages. I have viewed and read those and then I deleted them which moved them to the trash folder. I selected the trash folder and then it tried to read again what is in that folder and now the icons are just spinning and spinning. It shows 7 new messages in my inbox and 7 messages in my trash folder and they all have the spinning icons and when you click on them it says wait to view them after downloading. How can you get the program to stop?
Search tags for this page

charter email droid charge

charter email on samsung charge
charter email on samsung s4

charter email settings for lg spectrum

droid charge charter email

how to get charter email on android
maildroid save sent mail server
samsung droid charge charter email
set up charter email on droid charge
verizon email samsung charge unable to connect to server