Chaos vs. BB

Discussion in 'Team Chaos' started by JRDroid, May 13, 2010.

1. JRDroid

JRDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Untill last night/this morning i had never heard of team chaos as i mainly used alldroid for my roms. However i am quite impressed with some of Team Chaos's work. What are some of the pros and cons for their theme vs. Pete's Bugless Beast.

2. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Am i allowed to answer...or am i bias :D

3. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, I'm thinking that we should leave this up to the ROM users :p

4. bgill55

bgill55 Silver Member
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't like these kinds of threads they never end well. All I can say to you is look at the release notes And if it's something that interests you give it a go. In the end you have to make the final decision. Be good

-Brian

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. JRDroid

JRDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry. My intention was not to start a troll war or anything. I know that it all comes down to user preferance. No one is conclusively "better" than another. I was just currious what people who had tried both thought. I have flashed Chaos now and am testing it out btw.

EDIT: Feel free to lock if you want to avoid drama rather than wait and see if it happens.

#5 JRDroid, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  6. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well, I'm a bit biased, but I'll try to be as fair as possible.
    BB is a good ROM, no doubt..if you know the ins and outs of your phone.
    If you read the threads about pete's ROM, you will see a lot of people having problems. I think it's safe to assume that alot of the issues are simply user error.
    And possibly other problems are due to the fact that some of our Droids aren't all the same.....hardware performance seems to not be equal among us all.
    I have tried his latest BBv1 and had no major issues. When I try a ROM, I put it through a decent series of tests that I think will push the phone and see what it can handle. Make sure all the things/apps I normally use function well. For me, everything worked well.
    I just wasn't keen on the lack of a theme. My battery life wasn't horrible, but it could have been better as well.
    BB is a very solid ROM.

Team Chaos' Redrum has been very solid for me. Only time I get any FC's is when I do something stupid...i.e. user error.
    Since themes are a big thing for me, Redrum suits my needs.
    Very few posts about problems. And if there are any, the guys get them fixed very quickly.
    Most other devs. support their work too. But personally, I feel Team Chaos does a better job. Maybe it's because of their experience, their knowledge or simply that there is a whole team dedicated to help out the users. Maybe it's a combination of all of that.
    I've personally had Redrum on my phone for well over a month now. It's my daily driver. I've checked out other ROMs inbetween, but needless to say...I come right back to this one.
    Their are several features on RR that you won't find anywhere else. Some of them are barely noticeable, but if you look real hard, you'll find them.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what ROM works best for you and your phone.
    With all Droids not being created equal, one ROM may simply work better for you than others.

7. zag74

zag74 New Member

on a mysterious island with a smoke monster
    Ratings:
    +0
    Short answer: I really do not think you can go wrong with those 2 choices (add in Cyanogen and you have the holy trinity of roms, IMHO

Wow, I probably offended everybody not rocking those roms, not to mention anybody that has sincere religious beliefs. Very sorry...

Longer answer: as I just tried out about a half-dozen roms in the last month, I should be able to tell you all the details of each. However, I am still pretty much a rookie to all this, so for me, I know I missed some of the finer points of each (and I can honestly say I liked all of them for certain reasons).

I care most about speed with style a close second. I would read the forums, the +'s and -'s of each, and decide what you care most about - extra's? style? apps2sd capability? speed? the lack of fc's? and on and on... Most of all, have fun trying everything out.

The Shorter than Short Answer: read bgill's post!

BTW, I am using Chaos with the Clean Black theme.

8. JRDroid

JRDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0

Ok that actually helps a lot. I LOVE the stability and performance of BB. But i did feel the themes were very very lacking. I have flashed red rum chaos with DE and so far so good. I think that i will stick with this for a while.
    I always kept going back to pete because everything (for me) just worked. I didn't get all the FC's i tended to get in other roms. Chaos already has BB beat hands down in looks/themes, so if it can match the stability and speed of BB i will have a new rom of choice.

9. jayman350

jayman350 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I was using ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning and really enjoyed using it, then i saw the team chaos forum pop up and figured i would look around. i downloaded Red Rum 1.1 and really have not looked back since. I really like Black Ice for the theme but i have all of them loaded up through ROM manager.

I've tried a few of the other main roms out there but Team Chaos runs really well on my phone. The TC Team Members as well a few of the regulars are really good with answering questions...some that have nothing to do really with the rom but the phone in general.

There are a lot of little things that just really make these roms. Fast clean transitions, very rarely do i get a fc, and they put a great twist on their themes.

Oh and read the thread about how to make the roms run best, holy **** did that make a difference in really how fast it can be

#9 jayman350, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  10. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Very well said Carlz, very well said.

11. JRDroid

JRDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See BGill, we can all discuss different roms without it turning into a fight :-D

12. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Not if i can help it! RedRum is the best! ok everyone disregard that last comment. thank you. bye ;)