Changing your UI

Sabergin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am new to the droid world and have a question about the X I'll be receiving in the mail tomorrow...

I was debating between the X and the incredible, and decided to go with the X for a few different reasons, but I really like the UI on the incredible and am not a big fan of the "robot" style of the X. Is there any way to change the UI display to look more like or exactly like the HTC interface? Or even if there is any other options around. I have read that 2.3 gingerbread will include some type of UI changes, but I wasn't sure if this effects my X.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

harrellj

Reaction score
Gingerbread will indeed involve UI changes, but when it gets released (current thoughts are tomorrow), the Nexus One will get it first. The DX will get it in a few months probably (maybe faster, depends on how long it takes Motorola to port over Blur).

As for changing the interface, going to a new launcher opens up some options, but a full change will only be possible by rooting the phone. If you want to root, I'd suggest giving at least a few days if not a few weeks on stock to get used to it and make sure the phone isn't DOA. Since you don't like the "robot" style, I think just changing the launcher will fix a lot of your problems, since you can change icons and even the dock at the bottom of the screen. Depending on what apps you install, you can even use different widgets (Beautiful Widgets/Fancy Widgets/Weather and Toggle widgets are the ones to get the HTC clock and Beautiful Widgets will also let you switch out the various toggle widgets).