Changing Wallpaper New Lockscreen

mkcm97

Reaction score
Hey guys, so im on the latest build which is awesome. so i decided to give making a new cool lockscreen a go, this is what I was able to come up with

Only problem is I can't figure out how to change the wallpaper without changing my homescreen wallpaper. Anybody know of any fixes? Im comfortable with .xml editing (obviously) so any tips/pointers would be awesome.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You do not change the lock screen wallpaper in the lock screen style. It is changed by a full theme our changing it separately. The lock screen styles only change the style of the lock screen.

OP
mkcm97

mkcm97

Reaction score
You do not change the lock screen wallpaper in the lock screen style. It is changed by a full theme our changing it separately. The lock screen styles only change the style of the lock screen.

Yes I see, but when I try to change it seperately it doesn't work. It always takes on the same wall as my homescreen

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This should be fixed in 1.6.24, although the theme style for the lockscreen background has changed. You can find updated lockscreen style themes Here

OP
mkcm97

mkcm97

Reaction score
This should be fixed in 1.6.24, although the theme style for the lockscreen background has changed. You can find updated lockscreen style themes Here

hmm ok thanks. So how can I update my theme to be compatible? don't really want to recode the whole thing

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
TBH, I haven't looked at what has changed. I would suggest looking at one of the themes for 1.6.24 and compare it to one of the older 1.6.17 themes. I don't know if it is in the manifest.xml or if the image just has a different name in the res directory.

I don't think it is going to require you to recode a bunch of stuff, just probably changing name or location of background image you want to use.

OP
mkcm97

mkcm97

Reaction score
TBH, I haven't looked at what has changed. I would suggest looking at one of the themes for 1.6.24 and compare it to one of the older 1.6.17 themes. I don't know if it is in the manifest.xml or if the image just has a different name in the res directory.

I don't think it is going to require you to recode a bunch of stuff, just probably changing name or location of background image you want to use.

the only thing different I see is it says </wallpaper> at the beginning... but I took one of the new themes as a base and did all the modifications I had done and now I can get a new wallpaper but I can't unlock my phone.

I slide it and it just bounces right back to the starting point, won't unlock.

OP
mkcm97

mkcm97

Reaction score

the only thing different I see is it says </wallpaper> at the beginning... but I took one of the new themes as a base and did all the modifications I had done and now I can get a new wallpaper but I can't unlock my phone.

nevermind, got it working.... I made a stupid mistake xD

Reaction score

Could you please go into details on what need to be changed? i see no different image names and like you said only "wallpaper" was changed in the manifest.....i put the wallpaper in my manifest then in my theme and when i applied i had no lockscreen unlocker or new wallpaper and if i just touch the screen anywhere it will go right to the desktop?

OP
mkcm97

mkcm97

Reaction score

Could you please go into details on what need to be changed? i see no different image names and like you said only "wallpaper" was changed in the manifest.....i put the wallpaper in my manifest then in my theme and when i applied i had no lockscreen unlocker or new wallpaper and if i just touch the screen anywhere it will go right to the desktop?

I honestly have no idea. I just took one of the new themes and used it as a base. Then I pretty much re-wrote the .xml but I didn't change the format at all, just the values and descriptions. And it worked. That's what I would suggest doing.

Reaction score

I honestly have no idea. I just took one of the new themes and used it as a base. Then I pretty much re-wrote the .xml but I didn't change the format at all, just the values and descriptions. And it worked. That's what I would suggest doing.

Its cool.... I figured it out

OP
mkcm97

mkcm97

Reaction score

Cool, what was it if you don't mind me asking?

Reaction score

Cool, what was it if you don't mind me asking?

Just put that wallpaper line in the XML...when I originally copied it, I had it 1 space in an it screwed it all up....moved it back and Viola!