changing to new droid and apps not populating

tennvol

Reaction score
I went and had to exchange my droid for the third time. I reset the phone to clear all my personal data off it. Activated the new phone and entered my gmail credentials. The email and contacts synched but nothing else did. Am I doing something wrong?

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I went and had to exchange my droid for the third time. I reset the phone to clear all my personal data off it. Activated the new phone and entered my gmail credentials. The email and contacts synched but nothing else did. Am I doing something wrong?

I can't answer your question, but I would think those who can would need to know what sort of data you wish to sync?

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
Bookmarks, applications, application settings, etc

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Bookmarks are not saved.

Free apps need to be re-downloaded. Paid apps should be saved in your Google Marketplace account and should auto-populate.

I don't believe that app settings are saved either.

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
I guess I misunderstood...I thought that all the apps and such were backed up to your SD card and would sync to a new device. That sucks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I misunderstood...I thought that all the apps and such were backed up to your SD card and would sync to a new device. That sucks.
I agree. They SHOULD be.... Google is syncing your information anyway... why not the apps downloaded? Would be nice :)

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I agree, as well.

However, its easy enough to use Astro File Manager to backup your free apps.

Yes I know it isn't but that seems to be a "secret" feature of Astro File Manager. Everyone should download it just for that purpose if not anything else.

Secret? I guess I really didn't think they were that secretive about it. This is stated on the Astro File Manager page, in the Market.

"Backup & restore multiple public applications"

And it's clearly listed in the 'Tools' menu, when you open Astro.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Secret? I guess I really didn't think they were that secretive about it. This is stated on the Astro File Manager page, in the Market.

No you misunderstood me. I mean it doesn't seem to be well known to people who own Droids that Astro has this feature.

Batfan.com

Reaction score

No you misunderstood me. I mean it doesn't seem to be well known to people who own Droids that Astro has this feature.

Maybe. However a quick search of the Market for the keyword "backup" will help them find it. :)

While I agree this should be a built-in feature of Android, a little research never hurt anyone.