Changing theme

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by wadsface, Oct 21, 2010.

1. wadsface

wadsface New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to change the theme for ShadowRom 0.2.1, from DropTheme to something different (havent decided and nothing against DropTheme, i just want to try something new)

My question is, do I need to wipe? I would like not to obviously, but if I have to I will. Can I reinstall vanilla ShadowRom without wiping and then reinstall another theme or will that cause probs, also can I Nandroid, wipe, reinstall, theme and then Advance Nandroid data back? What would be the easiest without wiping, if that is possible I suppose is my question.

Thanks! Love the ROM btw, first time I have tried ShadowRom and I love it so far!

2. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do they have a stock theme you can flash?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

3. wadsface

wadsface New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yessir they do, and that is sounding like the best option, i think I will just do try that, thanks.

4. kook

kook Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Couple things....

The best way to install a theme is to install it over a vanilla ROM. For example, if the Drop Theme has Camera.apk themed but Cold Fusion does not, if you install the Cold Fusion over the Drop theme, your phone will be Cold Fusion with a Drop Theme Camera.

You don't have to wipe when going from theme to theme though. I hardly wipe. The only time I do is if things start getting quirky. Other than that, I flash about 2-3 ROMs and about the same amount of themes daily.