Changing the notification bar color.

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by acidcore, Feb 13, 2010.

1. acidcore

acidcore New Member

I have looked over a bunch of forums and googling and I couldn't find a simple explanation on changing the notification bar color. I finally figured it out on my own and I decided I would post a quick tutorial on changing it. This is a semi-advanced tutorial and I am assuming that you have your phone rooted with SPRecovery installed. To change the notification bar color you simply need to change 3 files in the framework-res.apk in the /res/drawable-hdpi folder. First is the drop down menus background whish is file status_bar_background.png the next is status_bar_close_on.9.png this will change the drop down drag bar. Lastly the actual notification bar file statusbar_background.9.png All you have to do is open it up in gimp/psp/ps/etc and edit the image to your liking. After you are done just dd if=/sdcard/framework-res.apk of=/system/framework/framework-res.apk or if you have busybox installed you can just busybox cp -R etc.. I hope this helps people to change the notification bar color with ease.

*****WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SUITABLE WAY TO RECOVER YOUR PHONE!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE WHO MESSES UP THEIR PHONE BY TRYING THIS OUT!!*****

I promise though if you change these images correctly it will work out just fine! Feel free to ask me any questions or if someone knows a better way post it! Also I posted an example of my notification bar changed..
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Thanks acidcore...

Good information :)
  3. acidcore

acidcore New Member

well ricky i will go a little more in depth. You need to root your phone there is a great tutroial on here I believe it is called "This is what root is" it involves applying an update.zip to your phone. Once you get that done you should install ADB also a good tutorial on here called something like "Installing ADB". then you open up adb in windows command prompt and type adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk (DIRECTORY ON PC i.e. C:\PulledApps\framework-res.apk this will copy the system file from your phone to your pc. Then you change the filename to framework-res.ZIP then you can extract the zip file and navigate to /res/drawable-hdpi directory this is where these files are located. Then you just replace the files. There are a handful of great tutorials on how to root/adb/create your own themes/graphics on this forum and a lot of other android forums. I qould strongly suggest reading up on all of these before attempting to edit any of the motorola droid system files.
Search tags for this page
app for changing notification bar icon colors on lg g2 phone

change color of notification bar

change color of notification bar on lg g2
change notification bar colors

change notification bar on rooted phone

changing notification bar colors on droid ultra
frim notifications
how to change background color on notification bar

how to change the notification bar color

lg g3 notification panel apk
notification bar pull dpwn windpw apk