Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Do you want to change the icon that shows up in the app drawer and on the homescreen or the icon in the dock bar at the bottom? I never used Go SMS, but I know how to change the icons for apps.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either. There was a way to change it to different colors or icons in go but I forgot what I did to get there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that and it seems to be more for making your own them (which I might do at a later date). Right now I think I'm just trying to change the one on the dock until I have enough time to make my own theme.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'm not familiar with the Bionic, but usually you can long press the dock icons and get an option to replace them. But as far as changing the icon in the app, that takes editing the app and either resigning it or flashing it through recovery. That gets a little more in depth.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Ark, try launcher pro. i just use the free version and it lets you customize many things including dock icons!

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here and Just started using Go SMS Pro. I would also like to change the app drawer icon but cannot find any info on it. But I also had the same problem of seeing the colored icons somewhere,
but what I found was it is not the app drawer icon it is the notifications at the top left corner of your screen that can be changed to a different "icon" or color.
Go to settings in the app, then Advanced, then Notification Settings, then Default notification settings, and you will see Notification icon.
I hope this helps.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh that's what I saw, thank you. I think maybe they should include an update that lets you change the icon in the app drawer too but I guess it's fine for now.

Btw nice name, I actually understand that seeing as I was born in South Dakota. :p

Siouxsie

Reaction score
I agree Arkbird, it would be nice if we could change the icon in the app drawer too.

Fatpomp, is there an app that can do the same thing without embedded ads or having to use paid add-ons or icon packs?

fatpomp

Reaction score
I agree Arkbird, it would be nice if we could change the icon in the app drawer too.

Fatpomp, is there an app that can do the same thing without embedded ads or having to use paid add-ons or icon packs?

I'm not sure if there's another app that does it without ads. You don't need to paid add-ons or icon-packs to use desktop visualizer though. You can use any icons and put them on your sd card.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk