Changing the boot splash

EliWallace

Reaction score
is it possible to change the boot splash (the red moto logo that appears before safestrap/the boot animation) on the droid 4? if so, how is it done?

AJRAS

Reaction score
yes.
i use this app for my droid 3. its called "firedonkey"
why? i dont know just go with it.
i found it in a rom for the bionic located here. I've taken the liberty of extracting it and putting it on media fire for you. >>> firedonkey.apk

OP
EliWallace

EliWallace

Reaction score
yes.
i use this app for my droid 3. its called "firedonkey"
why? i dont know just go with it.
i found it in a rom for the bionic located here. I've taken the liberty of extracting it and putting it on media fire for you. >>> firedonkey.apk
Tried it, bricked my phone

AJRAS

Reaction score
-

Tried it, bricked my phone

Assuming your rooted. Do u have safe strap installed? Also figure out how to flash the sbf on ur droid 4. Also what comes up when u turn it on then? Is it still the moto icon? Or what?

OP
EliWallace

EliWallace

Reaction score
Assuming your rooted. Do u have safe strap installed? Also figure out how to flash the sbf on ur droid 4. Also what comes up when u turn it on then? Is it still the moto icon? Or what?

It went to Motorola Dual Core logo and then to bootloader. The bricking wasn't a problem as i had the fastboot files on hand i'm just disappointed it didn't work. I'm assuming the splash is part of the bootloader, so it won't be changeable on the D4

AJRAS

Reaction score
It went to Motorola Dual Core logo and then to bootloader. The bricking wasn't a problem as i had the fastboot files on hand i'm just disappointed it didn't work. I'm assuming the splash is part of the bootloader, so it won't be changeable on the D4

Idk my D3 has a locked boot loader and it works fine. Idk tho. Best of luck to ya. Sorry I couldn't help :/