Changing Statbar icon HELP!

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
okay does anybody know why when i try to change the statbar icon for the bowers inverted facebook apk ,the app will not install via astro-root explorer??

im using 7zip and usually when i drag the folder back and copy, then back out using the folder icon it asks me if i wanna update the archive then it works but, it doesnt ask me to do that with these themed apk's then they wont work??? Anyone PLEASE

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
okay does anybody know why when i try to change the statbar icon for the bowers inverted facebook apk ,the app will not install via astro-root explorer??

im using 7zip and usually when i drag the folder back and copy, then back out using the folder icon it asks me if i wanna update the archive then it works but, it doesnt ask me to do that with these themed apk's then they wont work??? Anyone PLEASE

try adding it to the theme. first you will have to install the inverted fbook into system apps, i would do it via adb. When you add the fabcebook folder to your theme name it com.facebook.katana-1

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score

try adding it to the theme. first you will have to install the inverted fbook into system apps, i would do it via adb. When you add the fabcebook folder to your theme name it com.facebook.katana-1

i never used adb only clockwork u mean install it in general like with astro on my phone then create a facebook folder in my theme and put the updated icons in there with their respected names????

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

i never used adb only clockwork u mean install it in general like with astro on my phone then create a facebook folder in my theme and put the updated icons in there with their respected names????

No adb isnt like clockwork. here is the download link android sdk download. Install it and if you need help setting it up, look on youtube on how to setup adb. You might also want to look at videos on how to use adb. Its not hard to use when you have it set up. here is a link to some adb commands adb commands. The one you will need is
Code:
adb push ./"whateveryouapkiscalled.apk" /system/app

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
and yes just add the facebook folder to your theme

lolhonk

Reaction score
hello,

i want to change the gmail icon which appears in the statusbar when a new mail comes!

i tried to change the stat_notify_gmail.png in the framework-res.apk. But it doesnt works!

then i found the stat_notify_email.png into the gmail.apk. But how i can change this? I tried it with APK-Manager 4.9 but i got a hole of errors when i tried to compile the file :-(

any help?

i want this icon inside:

Attachments

• stat_notify_email.png
    stat_notify_email.png
    614 bytes · Views: 347

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
I use 7zip to swap out icons after I edit them. Then I use the template I posted to flash it. Just make sure that gmail isn't in data/app.

Swyped from a Droid

lolhonk

Reaction score
I use 7zip to swap out icons after I edit them. Then I use the template I posted to flash it. Just make sure that gmail isn't in data/app.

Swyped from a Droid

sorry im a noob. What kind of templates ur mean? .zip for CWR?

and gmail.apk is in data/app :-( can i just delete it`?

can 7zip open akp files or how u swap them out?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
sorry im a noob. What kind of templates ur mean? .zip for CWR?

and gmail.apk is in data/app :-(

can 7zip open akp files or how u swap them out?

Look back about 5 posts or so and I have a link to the templates. That posts will explain how to use them.

You need the gmail.apk on your pc. You can get gmail from a rom. Then right click the file, open archive with 7zip. Go to the framework/res/drawable-hdpi folder to get the icon. After you edit it, place it back in the same folder. Hit the back button in 7zip and click yes to update the file when prompted. Place your new gmail.apk in the apps folder of the template, then flash. I remove the gmail from data/app before I flash the template.

If this doesn't help, I'll be by my pc later. I could help you better from it. Let me know how it goes.

Swyped from a Droid

lolhonk

Reaction score
hm it doesnt works! :-(

i changed the stat_notify_email.png into the gmail.apk and flashed it on my phone after i deinstalled gmail before!

But the old email notify icon appears :-( what to to? I use a RAM-Build (Typhoon) and i flashed the gmail.apk into the System/ram/app

Gmail works, but not with my modified stat_notify_email.png icon :-(

i think it must be a other icon but which??? and where????

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 403

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
i think it must be a other icon but which???

I'm pretty sure thats it. Should be 38x38 pixels.

I'm not familiar with typhoon, though. BTW, what type of phone do you have? Everything I'm referring to is for a D1.

Swyped from a Droid

lolhonk

Reaction score

I'm not familiar with typhoon, though. BTW, what type of phone do you have? Everything I'm referring to is for a D1.

Swyped from a Droid

i uploaded the stat_notify_email.png but when u look exactly thats not the same icon as i postet on the screenshot upon!

it must be a other icon!!

i have the hd2 and gingerbread 2.3.3!

Attachments

• stat_notify_email.png
    stat_notify_email.png
    703 bytes · Views: 295

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter

Swyped from a Droid

i uploaded the stat_notify_email.png but when u look exactly thats not the same icon as i postet on the screenshot upon!

it must be a other icon!!

i have the hd2 and gingerbread 2.3.3!

Hd2? HTC Desire 2?
And I really haven't got into gb enough to know if thats the correct file name for what your trying change. But since its the app, I.assume it is.

Swyped from a Droid