Changing routes in google maps

bootyhunter91

Reaction score
I usually will get directions from the google maps site, where if i want to can change up the route with which to go on. I have not been able to do that on the droid app. Is there a way to do this or is it impossible as of yet?

n3vqh

Reaction score
Sure you can do that just in the navagation app. Once you have the orginal google route hit the menu button, go to the Route info option. Then the second button from the right is the alternate route button. This bring up different routes on the top of the screen and give a brief explanation of the change

Hope this is what you were looking for... I know of no way to change it by clicking and dragging as you can on the PC

Mike

Sweettooth

Reaction score
...and that is the one major flaw keeping the Maps and Navigation apps from being nearly perfect. Google has to find a way to implement customizable routes; what's the use in having more functionality on the PC based application if you're mobile? *ahem*...MAPS UPDATE! ;)

stevenfstein1

Reaction score
yep - it sucks. I can create a custom route on the PC, display it on the Droid but as soon as you click on Navigate, it takes you on a completely different route. Can't believe they have not been able to correct this yet.

Best...... Steve

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and that is the one major flaw keeping the Maps and Navigation apps from being nearly perfect.
There are plenty of features missing from Google Maps Navigation. However, it's not the only option out there.

Can't believe they have not been able to correct this yet.
It's still beta though they have been improving it over time. It's not like they've abandoned it yet. Again, if there's must-have feature that's missing you might want to check out the alternatives. You don't have to use the stock apps.

Last edited: