Changing ROMs?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by kormath, Jun 30, 2011.

1. kormath

kormath New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to all of this ROM and rooting stuff.

To summarize my problem, I rooted my phone and installed Liberty 2.0. After using it Liberty for the last few days I found I really do not like it. Some of the items I use regularly and have to use for work have been removed as bloat.

I heard alot of good things about Apex, but he current version of Apex is for .596. My phone prior to liberty was .340

So here's my question. Do I have to SBF to .340 then update to .596 OTA and then root and add a ROM? Or how do I go about getting Apex on my phone?

2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    You would have to flash the rooted. 596 zip file and then flash apex but just so you know the same things that were removed from liberty are probably also removed from apex. What are the apps that you need?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

3. kormath

kormath New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    GPS location won't work. I have to have it to find clients homes for work. I've tried a couple different GPS navigational apps and all of them keep saying i have to turn on the locator. That's the biggest problem I have with Liberty. the other problems are more nit-picky things I just don't like, like no battery optimization options, and the batter life with Liberty is much worse than it was with stock .340. So basically it looks like i need to just go back to stock and have all the things i need available.