1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Changing ROMs a lot?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by iM MinTz, Feb 6, 2011.

1. iM MinTz

iM MinTz New Member

So is it bad for my phone if I'm constantly trying new ROMs almost everyday? I heard it messes up the battery, but mine seems to be fine right now.

I think I took out my notification light by switching too often as well!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

I think the battery itself won't be messed up, but your battery percentage reading will be off if you don't install a ROM on a full charge. I'm not sure about the LED problems you're having though.

As long as you make sure you wipe data and cache (and format boot and system, as I learned recently) the installing new ROMs shouldn't be harmful in itself, at least as far as I'm aware.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  3. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

bs.

4. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

nah i'm in the same boat -- i switch roms everyday, even going back and forth b/t gb and froyo.... no problems. just make sure to wipe properly, like was said before. format /system, /boot, /data and /cache. and as long as you don't restore a previous ROM's data, you should be fine.
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I've been rooted for over a year and constantly switch roms. Perhaps I just lucky but I've not have any issues. My battery is very strong. I do clear battery stats and cache on a regular basis.
  6. iM MinTz

iM MinTz New Member

Alright! I'm kinda obsessed with trying new ROMs and themes almost everyday! It gets boring sticking to the same ROM forever. I'll keep in mind to clear the battery stats once in a while. Maybe that's why I've been experiencing battery jumps... especially on BB... from 70-50 and 50-20.

I've notice once I started clearing battery stats, it doesn't do it anymore. I'll also keep a full charge before I switch ROMs!

Thanks for your input guys!
  7. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

You're welcome :) Yeah, typically the ROM itself wouldn't (or couldn't) be at fault for battery percentage jumps like that - unless something is running high-usage for a long long time. Clearing battery stats and doing the full discharge-charge cycle should help if things start acting up.

Have fun rooting :D
Search tags for this page

android switching roms battery jumps

are changing roms may harmful android

is it bad to change my phone's rom alot

is it bad to change roms alot?