Changing outgoing email image size

fishacura

Reaction score
So I'm having a really hard time finding a setting on my S4. I sent a pic to someone and it asked me what size I wanted to send and I clicked "original" and instead of clicking "just once" I clicked "always do this". So now every pic I send is at max resolution. I cannot seem to find a setting to get it back to prompting me. Any ideas???

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Try settings - apps - gmail, scroll down and clear defaults. If its not in there Or you don't use gmail its one of those apps in settings.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Nice idea but I have no defaults set up for gmail...I did it with my verizon email and had tried this same thing but it didn't work. I don't think it's an individual email account setting...it's either a gallery setting or some other picture setting. UGH!!! I love the flexibility of the android OS but sometimes it's tough!

Reaction score
Would a simple clear settings or cache work in the case of the messaging app or the gallery? That would be my first thing to try.

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Would a simple clear settings or cache work in the case of the messaging app or the gallery? That would be my first thing to try.
I did try to "clear cache" and "reset defaults" for both gallery and the email program and still nothing. The only other option is "clear data" but that would delete the images and emails in these apps.When I accidentally clicked "to this always" it did say "you can always go into settings and change" which leads me to believe it's out there...somewhere...like the x files!

Reaction score
It has to be in one of those apps then. I remember a while back when I was playing around on my spectrum I used GO Launcher and chose for it to always be my home screen. Took me forever to realize I just had to go on the home settings and clear GO Launcher out of there. I don't know how sending pictures over an email works never had to do it from my phone or never had the opportunity or need at least. Most of the time we are looking through our phones to change those settings and we never look for anything for that matter where we least expect it. That's how I always look to solving a problem especially on my LG, look for the source where I least expect it. Hope you get it figured out!

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Agreed! The most logical place would be within "gallery" but there really are no settings in that app...Only a couple that are not what I am looking for. Of course a google search also turned up nothing. This is part of the fun yet maddening at the moment!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Do you use another gallery other than stock?

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
I looked up something about it and a sprint website came up. I understand that in your email app if you click the menu button go to settings, you can click on your email address and there are incoming and outgoing settings, have you checked if the setting is inside those? Or did you look for it inside your general settings. I don't have an s4 so I don't understand how it would work, but try those and see if you have any luck. Hope whatever info I found can help you fix this!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take a total WAG but go to settings -more - app manager - scroll to all and find Photo Editor and see if there are any resets available there.

jseah

Reaction score
I do not.

Here's your answer. Go to Settings, then Application Manager. Click on your menu button and then select "Reset app preferences". This clears out all app preferences. I do not believe you can selectively clear out an app preference for one particular app.

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
That's a negative on the app manager. I could not BELIEVE that didn't work. I mean you're resetting all your default preferences so why not!However, we do have a winner. It actually is a setting in the verizon email account settings. You need to go to your accounts, click on your vz account and go to general settings. There's something in there about sent image sizes. WHEW! Thanks for all the help. Is there an A-Z refernce/user guide for new versions of each droid OS?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's a negative on the app manager. I could not BELIEVE that didn't work. I mean you're resetting all your default preferences so why not!However, we do have a winner. It actually is a setting in the verizon email account settings. You need to go to your accounts, click on your vz account and go to general settings. There's something in there about sent image sizes. WHEW! Thanks for all the help. Is there an A-Z refernce/user guide for new versions of each droid OS?
And obviously each carrier and phone. Glad you got it working.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score

Glad you got it figured out, and thanks for sharing exactly what you had to do. I'm sure others will have teh same problem sooner or later and now they can find the solution. It drives me crazy when someone is on the forum with a problem that no one can solve and then finally they will post "Hey, got it figured out" with no explanation at all as to how they fixed it and then we never hear from them again. I don't know about a user guide to each android OS, but it would be a great idea.