Changing notification pull down text color

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Hey
I have a d2g running fission 2.4.3
I am messing around with the incinerated theme from another forum. Does anyone know how to change the black text in the status bar to white or something else that would show up? That is the only problem so far. The guy that created or ported the theme said probably have to edit the services.jar but don't really know about all that too much. Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshots showing where the problem is.

View attachment 29701

Last edited:
OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Hey
I have a d2g running fission 2.4.3
I am messing around with the incinerated theme from another forum.
View attachment 29701

I don't know how to change the colors, but I do like that theme. Can you tell me where to look for it?

Sure, here is the link I downloaded the theme from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/project-elite/133488-theme-incinerated-pe4-2-a.html

It's for another phone model so I wasn't sure about the consequences of just installing it as it was. I replaced all of the .png files in the drawable-hdpi folder of a fission 2.4.3 theme with the contents of the drawable-hdpi-v4 folder of the incinerated theme and then used clockwork recovery to install the theme after transferring it to my sd card. If you know it could just be installed then let me know.

So far I have only replaced the drawable-hdpi stuff but I plan on doing more today. I also plan on trying to figure out how to change the notification text color so it can be seen. If you or anyone else figures anything out, please let me know.

The original thread was posted by YankInDaSouth, so thanks a lot to him and anyone else that had anything to do with this theme. I like it too.

aero80

Reaction score
I am looking to make the notifications pull down background transparent on my D2G running Fission 2.4.3. I know I need to edit services.jar but I don't know where to start. I've attempted patcher and replacing the .png(s) with a transparent one with no luck.

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I am looking to make the notifications pull down background transparent on my D2G running Fission 2.4.3. I know I need to edit services.jar but I don't know where to start. I've attempted patcher and replacing the .png(s) with a transparent one with no luck.

Yeah, not sure about that either. I tried today using adb but didn't work. I was able to change the background of the notification but I wanted to change the text color.View attachment 29765

aero80

Reaction score
Stupid question but how did you get Sync and Screen Brightness on your notifications pull down?

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Stupid question but how did you get Sync and Screen Brightness on your notifications pull down?

Nah, not a stupid question. Widgetsoid from market lets you do this

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score

Nah, not a stupid question. Widgetsoid from market lets you do this

I've had Widgetsoid for months and cannot figure this out!

When you create your widget in widgetsoid go to the advanced tab and check the box next to notification. That should put it in your notification pulldown. When I first did that I had it in my notification bar and on my home screen. There was another button I had to check that was something like 'invisible widget' or something similar, which got rid of the one on my home screen and just left the notification bar widget, which is what I wanted. Hope that helps.

aero80

Reaction score
Very nice, thank you!

Anything for a tansparent pull down?

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Very nice, thank you!

Anything for a tansparent pull down?

U get it working?

I'm not sure about the transparent option in widgetsoid but I'm wondering if I could just make something in photoshop with low opacity. Might try that in a few and get back to ya.

aero80

Reaction score
I've tried that. I think something needs to change in services.jar.

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I've tried that. I think something needs to change in services.jar.

Ah, didn't know you already tried it. LOL, I just tried it and after applying it the pulldown background is black. weird. Was hoping it would be simple like applying the fire to the apps in the notification area. I'm going to check out some more links today on editing services.jar. Not sure how well that will go but...

Have you tried this theme? Just wondering if anyone else has actually installed it yet.

EDIT: sorry, wrong thread. forgot this wasn't the incinerated theme thread.