1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Changing my Theme

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Deno, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Deno

Deno New Member

Can anyone help me with changing the theme on my DROID? I did it once before and realized it was force stopping a lot of my apps, so i removed it. Now i've found other theme by "GDE" that I want to try and can't seem to remember how I changed it the first time. I hope it was nothing to do with the new software update....
  2. zathus

zathus New Member

Im not sure I understand what your asking. if your asking how to change your theme using GDE just download the GDE home app from the market, download the theme you want, run GDE as your home. ive only used GDE once some im pretty sure with that one you just long click on the home screen and an option will come up for themes. that or, hit settings and the option will come up for themes. select your theme and bam its done.

if your talking about changing the /system/app/launcher or framework. I did a small write up a while back for that. found here

I hope this helps with your questions
  3. Deno

Deno New Member

got it... I guess I'm confussed because when I put the Home++ on it gave me option to change my home screen (putting wood or title). But i deleted it casue it was force stopping some of my apps... Since i downloaded the GDE the onlt place I can find it is in my applications folder. i don't see anything saying theme no where in my phone.

If i root my phone will I be able to change it back to factory settings?
  4. Tegamal

Tegamal New Member

If you are running GDE, you can hit the soft Menu key on the desktop & go to Personalize Appearance, themes are stored there.

If you aren't running GDE, but have it installed, get Home Switcher from the Market.

Hope this helps!
Search tags for this page

my droid dna updated an changed the appearance, how do i cha