1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Changing Multiple Notification FONT color (not image)

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by mattXdezzi, Mar 15, 2011.

1. mattXdezzi

mattXdezzi New Member

Quick question for all the theming gurus... I am looking to change the font color for the multiple notification icon. See the following picture for reference:

[​IMG]

I have already changed the stock red .9.png to a yellow one to match the rest of my Liberty ROM. However the white text doesn't show up well on a yellow background. Does anyone know how to change it to a different color?

Thanks,
    Matt
  2. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

decompile the framework-res.apk search the framework XML's for the image name and see if that dictates its color. either way, knowing the image name gives you a better chance. if you determine the color not to be set in xml, you will have to baksmali basically all of the framework jars (I'd start with services.jar) and search the smali files for the resource ID of that image (find it in public.xml of the framework-res.apk). Once you find that, you can search the surrounding code for the color value, or it could be another resource ID of a color set in colors.xml.... good luck

edit: if that is the case, and it is simply calling, say , foreground_dark (which I guess would be white, I havent themed in a very long time...) your only choice is to edit the smali code to use a direct color code rather than pull from a pre-set color from the framework. I'll try to help if you make it this far.
  3. ahC_hED

ahC_hED New Member

what theme is that? i want the battery icon, please. :)
  4. mattXdezzi

mattXdezzi New Member

5. ahC_hED

ahC_hED New Member

Thanks, just noticed that you made those...good job, thanks again.

Sent from my DROID2 of shame.
  6. mattXdezzi

mattXdezzi New Member

for anyone who finds this thread and is having the same problem. I figured it out. the color code is in status_bar_icon.xml in framework-res/res/layout: (line 5 i believe)

Code:
    <TextView android:textSize="10.0sp" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="bottom|right|center" android:id="@id/number" android:background="@drawable/ic_notification_overlay" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginRight="1.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="1.0dip" />

just change the android:textColor. It is in the format AARRGGBB

hope this helps.
Search tags for this page
change font color on htc rhyme
change font style on htc rhyme

how do you change text font and color on htc rhyme

how to change font color on htc rhyme
how to change icon fonts color in htc one
htc rhyme change font color

htc rhyme change text color

htc rhyme changw colur of notification bar
is it possible to change the font and color on the htc rhyme