Changing moto logo

*Luke*

Reaction score
If you're to install a custom logo, how would you go about getting back to default in the future if need be?

I probably should have posted this a long time ago... lol this is taken from the Droid X forums on this site, but I'll post it here for convenience (perhaps a Mod could sticky this at the beginning of this thread also to make it easy for others to find?)

As you may have realized (if you've been switching ROMs and whatnot), nandroid backups will not backup your boot logo image... it will remain whatever you change it to until you change it to something else. With that being said, should anything happen to your phone, and you need to get back to stock and unroot, you're going to need this.

motorolalogo.jpg

Note: it wouldnt hurt for everyone who has been changing their logos to keep a copy of this .zip handy on their phone just in case

Attachments

• LogoReplacerMotorolaStock.zip
    408.9 KB · Views: 194

dfixit11

Reaction score
THANKS!!! You rock! :D
And forgive me for asking this but can i ask how you made these?
Is it easy?
I am pretty good with computers and android too, so, is it as easy as swaping an image file? I have looked but the directions and details are a bit scattered between the forums and if you can, Luke, post some easy directions and such? You don't have to but i would kinda feel bad coming to this forum every time i want to change my boot image.. :p
:motdroidhoriz:>:iphone:

fox_hound

Reaction score
I was thinking about that moto logo aswell lol.
Good thing you brought that up.
one question?
Is it possible to have a live start up logo?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

*Luke*

Reaction score
I'll work on trying to get some simpler directions up on this thread when I get home from work today =)

Also, concerning the live logo, I wish it were possible! To the best of my knowledge, you can insert a start up sound with the boot animations, but animated boot logos are out of the question for now.

I know absolutely nothing about how to put together a boot animation, but you could browse the regular forums and see if you can find anything, I suppose that would be the next best thing. For now, all we can do as far as the boot logo is concerned is insert the 480 X 182 image... hopefully someone will come up with a way to animate it or make it full screen soon... I believe it was possible on the D1, so hopefully, eventually, we'll be able to see it on the D2 as well =)

fox_hound

Reaction score
I'll work on trying to get some simpler directions up on this thread when I get home from work today =)

Also, concerning the live logo, I wish it were possible! To the best of my knowledge, you can insert a start up sound with the boot animations, but animated boot logos are out of the question for now.

I know absolutely nothing about how to put together a boot animation, but you could browse the regular forums and see if you can find anything, I suppose that would be the next best thing. For now, all we can do as far as the boot logo is concerned is insert the 480 X 182 image... hopefully someone will come up with a way to animate it or make it full screen soon... I believe it was possible on the D1, so hopefully, eventually, we'll be able to see it on the D2 as well =)

thanks and the directions you gave are as easy as 123 .
im using bootstrap d2 im using that to update zip. Once you get the hang of it its pretty easy

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Animations are simple. The sound part isn't for d2. There is a thread about it for the d1 I know and droid x. Same basic instructions,

*Luke*

Reaction score
Can you make this one?
http://www.gamerdna.com/public/images/user_image/set40/image/40198/horde_logo.jpg

I'd ask for a better Buckeyes one :p but I'll take the Horde logo any day :D

I don't know how to do the boot but how's this pic.
hordeboot.png

...and not to leave out those female NE rogues.
allianceboot.png

Those look great, sir!! =) I'm having some phone issues at the moment, and Verizon just sent me another D2... still working on re-rooting and setting up all my old ROMs for the time being... I'll try to work on putting these together in a .zip package by tomorrow sometime if no one else gets around to it =)

Also... 80 Orc MM Hunter/Rivendare... Zug Zug! (currently in limbo until the cataclysm release... lol) =D

Edit: I'll get around to posting the other ones I said I would do sometime tomorrow as well =)

spartan948265

Reaction score
Hello, could someone do the Umbrella Corporation I have attached and make this into a logo for my Droid 2? Thanks, Spartan

Attachments

• umbrella_corp__wallpaper_by_froxart.jpg
    umbrella_corp__wallpaper_by_froxart.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 19,694
  • UmbrellaWallpaper.jpg
    UmbrellaWallpaper.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 6,558

*Luke*

Reaction score
finally getting a chance to work on all of these tonight! I'll make sure I get everyones requests in as well some hunting logos... motorcycle manufacturers will be coming as well... not 100% sure what time I'll be able to post them tonight, but I will get them on for sure ;)

*Luke*

Reaction score
Custom requests

Here's the custom requests =) a BUNCH more coming tonight ;)

1112customs.jpg

Attachments

• LogoReplacerGSW.zip
    420.9 KB · Views: 118
  • LogoReplacerRockies.zip
    417 KB · Views: 120
  • LogoReplacerToyota.zip
    429.2 KB · Views: 119
  • LogoReplacerUmbrella.zip
    414.7 KB · Views: 172
  • LogoReplacerUmbrellaDarker.zip
    406.3 KB · Views: 181