changing icons

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by LdaSense420, Apr 18, 2010.

1. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    do u HAVE TO buy bettercut in order to change the icons or is their another way of doing? i see icon packs on Rom Manager but i wasnt sure if i needed to use bettercut for them...

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there. Are you rooted? Cause if you are rooted there are ways of popping out your apps, changing the icons on them and popping them back on your system. It's pretty easy once you read up on it, if your a little of a computer guy.

You CAN use bettercut for the icons, but I never liked that program personally only because its a bad UI and it only makes 'shortcuts' on your home screen, bot actually changing the APK icon (like its still the same in the drawer and such ya know). Oh, and it's almost 420 here too.

3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Yeah pretty much the above, you can change them if you are rooted. One slight problem with it, is that market apps every time you update you have to remodify the file, to change the icon.

If you were looking for a free way to change the icon, and not be rooted, check out Folder Organizer on the market. There is a premium version of it, but the free version should be able to do it.

4. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i c...will have to do sum reading then...thanx for the help guys...and yes 420 is upon us haha

5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    So now we know that if one is rooted there ways.... It would be helpful for this member and others if you would post links to these processes.
    Mike