Changing Icons on Homescreen

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by dainty, Oct 16, 2010.

1. dainty

dainty New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to change the icons on my homescreen using launcher pro. While I have no problem changing the icon itself, the changed icons are quite a bit smaller than the original stock icons. The icons I have are 60x60 PNGs. Why are they showing up so much smaller than the stock icons? Thanks.

2. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    not sure why launcher pro does this, but i noticed the same thing. i am using a free app called Shorter cut, and it makes the icons larger and easier to see/use.
    [​IMG]

3. dainty

dainty New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice home screen! I read somewhere that the icon size should be at least 72x72 for the Droid X, so I resized all the icons I had for my iPhone with Photoshop. I guess 60x60 was too small. I tried Shorter Cut, but it didn't seen to support my PNG files and I didn't like any of the icon packs, so I uninstalled it. Now I just use Launcher Pro to change all the icons.

I really like that big icon you have in the middle of your screen. Is that for the battery?

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

4. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks!!
    and the icon in the middle is "battery status Donate" from the marketplace, with the round battery skin,

i have to say, that i have only used market icon packs with shorter cut so i cannot comment on the .png issue you are having. i have no issues with using the icon packs, and shortercut "upsizes" the icons just enough to make them a great size for the screen.

Search tags for this page

how to change name of items on home screen on droid x

icon size change

smaller icons