Changing from Liquid

reznorfan0

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am looking for easiest way to upgrade to CM7 GB from Liquid's ROM (love liquid's work, but the battery and a couple other issues are just driving me mad)

I have been flashing roms since the original D1, but have never had to do anything more complicated than run zips from recovery since the first time I rooted that D1. I have never had to sbf, and I'm just looking for the most hassle free way to get up to CM gb kernel. I know there are about 2 thousand posts saying how to do this, but they seem to vary greatly and its got me in a "where to start" confusion mode.

Thanks for your help.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I can post the link to another site that gives great step by step instructions to upgrading to CM7GB.

Guide For switching from CM4DX to CM4DX GB

This is what I did to get there except I just took the .602 update and used the one click root method instead of the TBH all in one file. This will work for you because Liquid is also on the froyo kernel still so it's the same install method.

OP
R

reznorfan0

Reaction score
Could you explain your method to me? When I try to run TBH it crashes on me, and I it does not appear in the market when I search to try a reinstall.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
How to ROOT or UNROOT your Droid X

Sure I can try to help out. This link should help you get the files you need to being on rooted GB so you can make the switch over. There's a cpl of ways you can do this. You can either sbf to stock froyo and take the OTA and then hit that link and get rooted OR you can grab the .602 sbf file and use that, then root it after it's done flashing.

OP
R

reznorfan0

Reaction score
Ok, i went and got TBG after figuring out they were no longer on the market and my old app was useless.  I noticed that there is a newer .605 gb link, will that shortcut method you originally linked me to work with that file as well?  Or should I just stick with the 602?