Changing from .595 Odexed to .595 Deodexed

Winkly

Reaction score
Do I have to SBF all the way back to Froyo and install .595 or is the deodex thing just a missing file.

I am rooted, running .595 and loving it, but I would like to give a theme or two a try.

Thanks in advance

;)

kennydied23

Reaction score
If you're on the odexed version, you should be able to just flash the deodexed version right over it. Make a backup though, just in case something goes wrong.

OP
Winkly

Winkly

Reaction score
Okay and last anyoying question, how does one make a backup?

I assume it will have all my applications, settings etc in it.

I've spent the better part of the last two days getting my phone back the way I want/like it.

I do not own Titanium, (broke atm, long story), is there a freeware application that would serve the same purpose?

Also when I flash I do I need to clear settings/cache etc, or just go into clockwork recovery and flash from zip?

Thanks a million!

;)

kennydied23

Reaction score
It's all good man. What you do is go into Clockworkmod and scroll down to "backup and restore", then click "Backup" and everything from your system files and your apps and data will be backed up. Then go back into the main menu, and you can flash the zip file.

OP
Winkly

Winkly

Reaction score
Alright so I think I go this.

Boot into clockwork, scroll to backup and literally backup.

Once the backup is complete backup, install from zip (the deodexed version, not odexed).

Then that's it? Do I need to restore my stuff or is that what the backup is doing?

BTW I'm setting up my throwaway MicroSD card right now lol.

;)

OP
Winkly

Winkly

Reaction score
Point of clarification.

I am making a nandroid backup in the event something goes wrong and I have to SBF > 340 > 588 etc I could restore.

I just want to be sure I've got this down 100%

Boot into clockwork recovery.

Make backup.

do NOT clear cache/data/dalvik just write the deodexed version over the odexed one.

Reboot and enjoy. That sound correct? Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to SBF if I can avoid it.