Changing Folder Where Photos Are a Stored

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
What folder are pics set to be stored in originally? Gallery? (or based on the camera thread-poor gallery)

If you want to make a single folder or several based on topic, how do you link that folder back to the camera?

Thanks

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you snap a picture, it saves it to DCIM/Camera on the internal storage by default. If, in the camera settings, you change it to external, it automatically creates a DCIM/Camera path on your external micro-sd card. I don't believe there's a way to point the camera to a different folder other than that path - but you can manually create subfolders and move pictures into them, then the Gallery app will treat them as separate galleries.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
When you snap a picture, it saves it to DCIM/Camera on the internal storage by default. If, in the camera settings, you change it to external, it automatically creates a DCIM/Camera path on your external micro-sd card. I don't believe there's a way to point the camera to a different folder other than that path - but you can manually create subfolders and move pictures into them, then the Gallery app will treat them as separate galleries.

Thanks jntdroid! I appreciate the help.

bman6074

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can change the photo of the gallery/seperate folder or even hide a specific gallery?

06M6TorridGTO

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to show or hide albums in the gallery. it is really annoying because I have some folders that are from say backups of other things on that SD Card that are not pictures I would want in my gallery. For instance, folders with images for a website that I had backed up onto the SD card (backed up the website files). This was super easy on my DI2. I may be looking for a new gallery app.

bman6074

Reaction score
I found if you change a folder to .nomedia the folder becomes hidden from the phones OS you have to plug it into a PC to see the folder and rename it. If you rename it to nomedia (no period) this works to block any pics from the gallery view.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I believe all you have to do is create a file named .nomedia in a folder and all the photos and music media become invisible. It also includes any subfolders.

steelman52

Reaction score
bman6074 said:
Does anyone know if you can change the photo of the gallery/seperate folder or even hide a specific gallery?

I use "QuickPic". IMO it's much better than the stock "Gallery". You can create folders to organize your pics and also hide folders so they don't show unless you call them up.

j9starr

Reaction score
I am getting memory full message and camera won't le me take any more pics. Just trying to find way to move all the pics I have already taken onto the sd card which has several GB free. Anyway other than moving one pic at a time? With over 1000 that is too tedious.