1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Changing Folder Where Photos Are a Stored

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by TxDoc, Oct 24, 2012.

1. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

What folder are pics set to be stored in originally? Gallery? (or based on the camera thread-poor gallery)

If you want to make a single folder or several based on topic, how do you link that folder back to the camera?

Thanks
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

When you snap a picture, it saves it to DCIM/Camera on the internal storage by default. If, in the camera settings, you change it to external, it automatically creates a DCIM/Camera path on your external micro-sd card. I don't believe there's a way to point the camera to a different folder other than that path - but you can manually create subfolders and move pictures into them, then the Gallery app will treat them as separate galleries.
  3. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

Thanks jntdroid! I appreciate the help.
  4. bman6074

bman6074 New Member

Does anyone know if you can change the photo of the gallery/seperate folder or even hide a specific gallery?
  5. 06M6TorridGTO

06M6TorridGTO New Member

I can't figure out how to show or hide albums in the gallery. it is really annoying because I have some folders that are from say backups of other things on that SD Card that are not pictures I would want in my gallery. For instance, folders with images for a website that I had backed up onto the SD card (backed up the website files). This was super easy on my DI2. I may be looking for a new gallery app.
  6. bman6074

bman6074 New Member

I found if you change a folder to .nomedia the folder becomes hidden from the phones OS you have to plug it into a PC to see the folder and rename it. If you rename it to nomedia (no period) this works to block any pics from the gallery view.
    Hope this helps.
  7. Bart.Cunningham

Bart.Cunningham New Member

I believe all you have to do is create a file named .nomedia in a folder and all the photos and music media become invisible. It also includes any subfolders.
  8. 06M6TorridGTO

06M6TorridGTO New Member

oh ok wow. thanks! i'll have to try that then
  9. steelman52

steelman52 New Member

I use "QuickPic". IMO it's much better than the stock "Gallery". You can create folders to organize your pics and also hide folders so they don't show unless you call them up.
  10. j9starr

j9starr New Member

I am getting memory full message and camera won't le me take any more pics. Just trying to find way to move all the pics I have already taken onto the sd card which has several GB free. Anyway other than moving one pic at a time? With over 1000 that is too tedious.
Search tags for this page
android camera storage folder

android photo folder

can pictures be changed from one folder in gallery to anothe

can you move pictures to a different file on a motorola razr

how do you move pictures from device messaging folder to sd card on a droid razr maxx

how to change camera storage location android

how to change storage location on droid razr
how to create photo albums on motorola maxx
how to hide pictures on razer hd

how to move photos to different albums on a droid razr

motorola sroid maxx hd photo album

set default album to sd

what is make photos available offline droid razr maxx

whatsapp folder android

where are photos stored on droid razr