Changing folder icons

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by diamondmjs, Feb 26, 2010.

1. diamondmjs

diamondmjs New Member

I have several folders that contain my favorite bookmarks, 1 touch messaging and 1 touch calling. I do not know how to change the folder icons. I have Better Cut app and downloaded lots of icons, but cannot figure out how to change the icon or how to create a new folder (not a shortcut) with a custom icon. I searched the forums but did not see any discussion of this topic. Any help is appreciated.
  2. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk New Member

seriously, theres only 2 options you can pick when you open bettercut. how hard can it really be?

open bettercut, edit shortcut, change icon, pick icon, create.
  3. diamondmjs

diamondmjs New Member

You're correct, Gotta have that Funk, it's not hard to edit a shortcut, BUT my question was how do you change a FOLDER icon, or create a new FOLDER with a different icon than the standard Droid icon.
  4. Skaggz

Skaggz New Member

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's possible to change the icons for stock folders.

There is an app called "Apps Organizer" that lets you create folders and change the icon for them using any icon pack on the market.
  5. diamondmjs

diamondmjs New Member

I tried Apps Organizer and it lets you create custom folders, but you can only put Apps in these folders. I like having separate folders for my Bookmarks, 1 touch dialing and 1 touch messaging, but the custom folders created in Apps Organizer don't accept these shortcuts. It seems strange that the Droid doesn't let you change or customize the look of folders.
  6. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I am sure if rooted you could replace the folder icon, I actually believe some themes come this way. I gave up folders a while back because I hated the look of them, so I could be mistaken on the themes. Not exactly sure where the icon for the folder icon or bookmark icon is stored.

If you like Apps Organizer, try it's big brother abcOrganizer v1.5 Application for Android | Tools . ABCOrganizer is basically AppsBookmarksContacts Organizer plus probably some other stuff. You can even export your setup from apporganizer to it. I am not sure about the lite version though, the one I linked here is the paid version. Nice program though if only for that reason. I do wish folders and bookmarks were editable though, because I would use them over ABCorganizer, just because they are a bit faster to load.
  7. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

There may only be one single folder icon. If rooted and you changed it you'd change them all. Not sure if the OP can get what he wants.
  8. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

I love abcorganizer. It lets you create the folders you want for fav contacts and bookmarks and customize the icon. It even allows you to change the icons in the apps so i don't even need bettercut except for bookmarks and settings. I don't like having to use 2 different apps to do one job so i emailed the dev about 2 days ago. Here's our conversation:

Do you plan on adding the ability to customize icons in settings and bookmarks? I'd really like to just get rid of Bettercut. Thanks

Dev's response:
    Hi, it's in my todolist, I think I'll add in a future version.
    Regards, Fabio

I really think if more ppl would email the dev asking this ..... he'd get right on it :D <hint>
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
Search tags for this page

abcorganizer android

android folder icon large

change shortcut folder icon on android

droid moto x folder icon

how to change icon folders in droid razor

how to change icon on android folder

how to replace folder icon droid incredible

thunderbolt change bookmark icon

ward funkit icon on android