Changing flashing LED colors?

JGard

Reaction score
For those of you with Handcent, it allows you to change the color of your blinking LED notification light. I think it's great, as I like to know what type of incoming thing is causing a notification, as it allows me to determine level of urgency or importance.

I'd like to be able to do the same to distinguish between my gmail and my corporate email. If I see a green light, then I know it's gmail, but if I see another color, then I know it's work and thus more important.

I can't find anywhere to make such a change on the phone, though, so I wanted to ask here to see if that's even possible.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possibly with "missed call".. search the market for it.

roflmmfao

Reaction score
i cant get missed call to work with messages. it would work with sms and because of it i would get duplicate sms and messages. i deleted missed call because of it. unless someone has a fix.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
for the record, i don't use it either. BUT try it again and mess with the settings in your SMS app (whatever you use now).. i think if you turn off your notifications in Handcent, then you will just get the one notification that you set up in Missed Call. try and see?

roflmmfao

Reaction score
Missed call is the SMS app as far as I can tell. Id Rather just use the mms app I have now. And it does not work (flash different colors) on mms messages. So unless I disable message all together and dl. Missed call again I guess ill have to find something else that works with message. I think ill live with the green light. Thanks for the idea tho.

zero7starz

Reaction score
I know on my G1 there was a way to do it with something called spare parts. I don't know if its available in the market though because it came with caynogenmod.