1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Changing Email accounts, sync contacts

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by msblueline, Feb 16, 2010.

1. msblueline

msblueline New Member

Hello all, before I get on the subject at hand, I need to do a shout out to the developers of Swype... This is an awesome app.

Ok, I am thinking about changing my email from my mail2web account to just my gmail account. Is there a way to sync all my contacts from my exchange server "mail2web" to "gmail?"

What I don't want to do is sit and copy all my contacts from one to the other if there is an easier way to do it... Not lazy, just time consuming.

Thanks to all who apply in advance.

Again, thank you Swype for the awesome app.

msblueline

Posted via Motorola DROID
  2. Technoman

Technoman New Member

Never used mail2web, but if you can export the contacts on there to CSV, you can import them into Google from CSV.
  3. msblueline

msblueline New Member

I typed all the way until it auto moved my words to the next line. Why did it cut my space in half? I added the "sent via Motorola DROID" so I could see what others were talking about when posting from the DROID. Strange, very strange.

On preview post, I see it cuts it in half too. What gives? Does it know I am posting from my DROID?

Didn't mean to hijack my own thread... LOL!

msblueline
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

As mentioned, if you can export your contacts to a .csv file and then just upload that .csv file to your G-mail account you should be golden.
  5. NoKz

NoKz New Member

I did it the same way it was stated above. Export to CSV from the original account, import CSV to new account. Synced with phone and BAM! Worked like a charm. However, market purchases don't transfer.