Changing Droid Pro from AT&T to Verizon

doug1624

Reaction score
My original Droid Pro recently started acting up, such as not charging the battery any more. I tried a few different things, finally deciding on replacing the phone with a new one from eBay. The phone shipped in, I swapped my Verizon sim and memory card over, but the phone won't find the Verizon network. When I do a network scan, it only finds AT&T and T-mobile.

Instead of sending it back, I'd like to get it working. I'm familiar with the SBF process and was wondering if it's as simple as using a Verizon flash instead of the one it came with. However, after some on-line reading, it looks like the radio in the phone may have to be unlocked to work on Verizon?

No matter what I've done, I have never seen the phone ask me for an unlock code, so there would be no place to enter one...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for reading!

OP
D

doug1624

Reaction score
Hey all,

After a little more research, it seems you can't make the AT&T phone work on Verizon. AT&T is considered GSM and Verizon is considered CDMA. It's all a little funny seeing how my Verizon phone has a Global AND GSM modes listed under the network modes.

The seller is doing a swap with me, so all is good... just beware when purchasing an unlocked replacement phone!

Still love the Pro!
Doug