Changing Droid location

jmilacek

Reaction score
Hello,

I downloaded NBA League Pass Mobile because I am in Dayton, OH and Cavaliers games are rarely shown on Dayton's FSN. However, I've come to find out that this is a blackout area for League Pass. Does anyone know of a way to change the Droid's location so that League Pass thinks I am in a different city? I see there is a way on the iPhone, but I can't find anything for the Droid.

Thanks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Droid uses geo location (even with GPS disabled) based on the tower you're receiving your signal from. I would assume, that if this is possible, your Droid would have to be rooted.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Droid uses geo location (even with GPS disabled) based on the tower you're receiving your signal from. I would assume, that if this is possible, your Droid would have to be rooted.

Martin has this spot on. You would have to crack this so that not only does the phone not know where it is, but the server would have to not know what towers the information is coming from.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I downloaded NBA League Pass Mobile because I am in Dayton, OH and Cavaliers games are rarely shown on Dayton's FSN. However, I've come to find out that this is a blackout area for League Pass. Does anyone know of a way to change the Droid's location so that League Pass thinks I am in a different city? I see there is a way on the iPhone, but I can't find anything for the Droid.

Thanks.

you paid $40 for that? :icon_ devil:

Guchi

Reaction score
hmm i wonder if setting your location in maps would do this? just a thought

qoncept

Reaction score
I assume you want to watch on your phone because you don't have access to a computer, but if you CAN use the computer, the Android emulator in the SDK lets you set your GPS location.

qoncept

Reaction score
Well, turns out the option is available on the phone and not just in the emulator. I haven't found yet how to actually set the location, but I may look in to it and write an app.

OP
J

jmilacek

Reaction score
Awesome! I would definitely be willing to pay a couple bucks for that. I got the SDK installed, emulator running and NBA League Pass installed on it last night, but it was 1) wayyyy too slow; 2) giving me network errors, despite being able to browse the web from the emulator.

qoncept

Reaction score
Yeah, the emulator is really slow. Didn't think of that.

After thinking about it some more, I really doubt this will work. There's a method in the SDK to set the location, but it would make a lot more sense if it were only reporting that location to the app you're testing, not everything on the phone. I'll look in to it but I wouldn't count on it working.

pl4tinum

Reaction score
I'll check back, hopefully someone can figure something out!