Changing carrier's name

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cizake, Jan 25, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. cizake

cizake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On the iPhone there was a cool hack to change carrier's name on device to be your own.
    The app called Make it Mine will simply re-write the ATT image to whatever you wanted.
    At least 4 reasons why I need that:

- we make screencasts/screenshots of application and we usually get comments like 'we see it ONLY works on Verizon...'. If I can rename the carrier name I could include different carrier names in my demos.
    - None of the apps/hacks we demo are approved nor sponsored by Verizon. We don't want any liability in using a carrier's name. Something generic would do it.
    - I don't like VZW enough to add pics, videos promoting them. Why do I need to publicize VZW when all we really want is show our work?
    - Because it's a cool hack :)

Let me know if its doable.

Thanks
  2. p0rk burn

p0rk burn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In another post someone said it wasn't an image stored on the phone but was received from the network the phone is on. That doesn't mean there isn't a way to edit this, and even one of the early 2.1 ROMs caused the phone to show something other than Verizon Wireless. I think its doable but its probably not high on the list of things to do and its going to be more difficult than simply creating a new image file.

Why don't you photoshop your screenshots in the meantime?
Search tags for this page
change carrier logo android
how to change carrier logo on android

make it mine android

make it mine android app
make it mine app android

make it mine app for android

make it mine for android

makeitmine android

makeitmine app for android

makeitmine for android