Changing battery charging icon?

gravitysucks

Reaction score
So after installing ICS when the phone is turned off and charging I noticed that they changed the icon that shows the battery charging, and it sucks lol. Does anybody know how to change that back to what it used to be on 2.3?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am not sure you can change that one, like you could say the boot animation. Course you would think that image is stored in the phone somewhere, thus it could be changed.

All they did was change it from green to blue to keep in line with their new blue theme with ICS, you could grow to love it. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am not sure you can change that one, like you could say the boot animation. Course you would think that image is stored in the phone somewhere, thus it could be changed.

All they did was change it from green to blue to keep in line with their new blue theme with ICS, you could grow to love it. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Sydman, I believe you are right. The battery icon is likely in the Kernel, and so inside the locked bootloader. As for the difference, I actually like the old Green one more as well, since the "liquid" animation was more realistic, where this one simply goes up and down. I would have liked the old animation but in Blue to match the ICS theme.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah that makes sense that it would be under lock in key in the kernal.

The old one was definitely nicer looking, but again I like you I like the blue color better just wish it was prettier.

OP
gravitysucks

gravitysucks

Reaction score
Well i guess I will just have to learn to like it lol :p

jibroney

Reaction score
Battery icons can be changed

Disregard. Responded thinking you were asking about the status bar battery icons. Re-read the OP and see you were asking about charging icon while phone is off. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: