1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Changing app drawer button and icons??

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by acidcore, Jan 31, 2010.

1. acidcore

acidcore New Member

I have rooted my phone successfully and now I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to change the App Drawer/Menu button on the Moto Droid? Also I read there is a way to also change the icons in the app drawer is this so? Any help would greatly be appreciated! Thanks.
  2. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

I know you can make your own icons on the home pages with BetterCut. But im not sure if you can change the drawer. Be interesting if you could.
  3. acidcore

acidcore New Member

Yea I used bettercut to change all my home screen shortcut icons but I was reading that somehow through adb? i think that is what it is called you can change the .png files in the .apk packages but i have no idea how to even go about doing it.
  4. hesiquio

hesiquio New Member

Try usin a home replasament like home plus or panda home, the last one is more customizable, but if you want to do that by replasing for your own crations is posible replasing the png files from the luncher.luncher.pk from system/app
    With panda home is posiblw to copy themes to the sdcard then mod. The images from this file and import again to the phone with a diferen name.
    Also you can use metamorph to changue anyting you want from framework-res and luncher packages
  5. acidcore

acidcore New Member

Thank you for the help. I have rooted my phone now and I pulled the framework-ref.apk and launcher.apk and edited the icons on them. Now however I am not exactly sure how to replace the ones already on my phone. I tried to save it as a zip file and do adb install and it failed. SO I tried to adb push my altered framework with the one on the phone and I get a permission denied. I have superuser access and the phone is totally rooted but I have no idea how to replace the phone files with my altered ones. Any suggestions??
  6. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

That is because you have to leave it in .apk format and mount the system folder before you move it over to phone. Put the edited framework-res.apk onto your sdcard, unmount phone if needed, then do this:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    busybox cp -R /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
    reboot
  7. ThaPHLASH

ThaPHLASH ★ Tha Icon Guru ★ Premium Member

8. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

ADW is another home replacement that allows you to change the app drawer icon
Search tags for this page
app drawer icon changer

change app drawer icon

change app drawer icon android

change app drawer icons
change app drawer icons android
custom icon on app drawer

how to change app drawer icon

how to change app drawer icon android
how to change app drawer icon in android

how to change app drawer icons

how to change icons in app drawer