Changed Roms now 3g is acting up..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Black_diamond, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Black_diamond

Black_diamond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So here is the deal i decided since it might be a couple of weeks before BB v.05 will be out so i had to try out the Newest Version of Ultimate Droid. Well i was not pleased and switched back to my BB v.04 through my nandroid backup.

I am now sitting in my living room where i normally have about 3 bars with 3g and now have been getting 1-2 and 1x.. Anyway to fix this.

Currently Running BB v.04, Chevy ULV 1.1, 1.43.1 baseband and 2.2 Froyo

Thanks in advance, NICK

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Couple of things.

Verizon may be having issues
    Did you wipe data and cache either time? If not, do so then reinstall your backup.

3. Black_diamond

Black_diamond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well when i installed UD 6.0.0 i wiped data and when i discoverd that i didnt like it at all, i went to my nandroid back-up but i dont think that i wiped data and cache. Would it really matter if i didnt wipe before doing my back-up, if the nandroid backup already uninstalled everything?

4. mwhartman

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm not sure it will make a difference but I would give it a try.
    I forgot to mention that you may want to try the *228 option to see if that may help.

5. buckfill

buckfill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You and I seemed to ironically be doing the same thing around the same time. I tried UD...didn't like it so much, so I tried to roll back. Immediately, 3G issues and bar signal issues. I noticed my baseband got rolled back to 1.3 somewhere along the line. I ended up just trying to get back to 2.01 and then to 2.1. I tried activating my phone and got a "successful" but it would just loop me back to the activate screen. My problem spiraled downhill until I called verizon tonight. they walked me through reprogramming the phone through the dialer. This got my 3g and signal back, but left me at 2.01. the guy on the phone said all OS updates are done OTA and that I'd just have to wait. I ended up manually updated to 2.1 and then to 2.2 (unrooted). I feel like I'm back to normal droiding, but not without a lot of invested time today. Flashing ROMS was a daily activity for me. Only until I tried UD 6.0 did i ever run into the 3G issue. Coincidence?

Good luck.

6. Black_diamond

Black_diamond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that is really ironic. I seem to be back to normal now. UD had alot of different features and all but when it came down to it I really like how my bugless beast runs. Its smooth, I felt that the ultimate Droid skipped around alot, kind of jump IMO. But I will stick with bugless beast from now on I guess I learned my lesson..lol

Sent from my Droid

7. mwhartman

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Would you please share what you did to get back to 3G?
    Mike

8. Black_diamond

Black_diamond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I went outside rebooted and did the #228 that you had suggested it seemed to work but then went right back to what it was doing. So I then downgraded to a different baseband and the reinstalled the 01.43.01 baseband and seems to be ok now.. THANKS!

Sent from my Droid