Changed boot animation now can't change it anymore and am stuck with a terrible one..

nolerltw

Reaction score
I just rooted and like an idiot I used "Root Tools" by JRummy to change the boot animation. After realizing that the animations included in that app are not for my huge beautiful display I tried to go back to stock using the app but the backup it said it was going to created didn't exist. I searched the forum and found the huge thread of awesome boot animations to flash, I have tried to flash several of these through CWM and though it looks like it's working the boot animation hasn't changed. Help me please, I'm new. :)

OP
N

nolerltw

Reaction score
I have now gone so far as to remove Root Tools from my phone, revoke it's super user privilege and deleted the file from root explorer. I have installed other boot animations directly into the system/media folder area using root explorer and I'm still getting the crappy animation I installed using Root Tools??? I'm going crazy.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I am not familiar with Root Tools, but perhaps it installed the boot animation to /data/local.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure there isn't a file called "bootanimation.zip" in the /data/local folder.

If there is, it will override the one in /system/media

OP
N

nolerltw

Reaction score
Make sure there isn't a file called "bootanimation.zip" in the /data/local folder.

If there is, it will override the one in /system/media

Yep, that was the problem! Thank you so much guys, I was really getting frustrated there for a moment. DancingNexus