1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Change Text Behind Sliding Unlock Tabs

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by DF Smod, Jun 18, 2010.

1. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I have been searching for the files that contain the hidden text that lies behind the sliding unlock and sound is on/off tabs on the lockscreen, my hopes it to be able to change this to whatever I like, kind of like the "Verizon Wireless" eri banner can be changed by modifying the text in the eri.xml, I am sure this can be done too.

The way I see it, you could change the word unlock behind the unlock tab to Droid or any other word under 6 letters, on the other side for the vibrate/sound tab there are two sets of text "sound on" and "sound off" which could also be changed and with so many letters and spaces you could fit quite a bit of text in there, mabye your first name behind the left slide tab and your last name behind the right slide tab. Also when you slide the sound on or off the words "sound is on(or)sound is off" appears on the lock screen above the left/unlock "jog tab" with a little microphone icon with an X for sound off and ))) for sound on and it stays there untill the screen goes to sleep again, you could probably change that text and those icons too

I am wondering if anyone has had any success in finding these files (probably inside a .xml somewhere within the framework-res.apk) or if anyone has an idea what .xml this might be in?

Thanks in Advance
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

This is the text I am interested in changing

[​IMG] [​IMG]

mabye ROM makers could even hide the name of there ROM behind these tabs
  3. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

just started looking, but I haven't found anything yet...if i do, i'll let you know
  4. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

ok, check in framework-res.apk\res\values\strings.xml

you'll find some lines like the following:
    <string name="lockscreen_sound_on_label">Sound on</string>
    <string name="lockscreen_sound_off_label">Sound off</string>
    <string name="lockscreen_unlock_label">Unlock</string>

Try that out, I would test to be sure but I don't feel like messing with my phone because I'm tethering with it, lol
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Interesting, because I don't have a framework-res.apk/res/values folder?

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space
  6. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

weird. i pulled that from an apk i already had on my computer, give me a min and i'll check on my phone. what rom are you using, out of curiousity...?

edit: just copied my froyo framework that i'm using on my phone now over to my computer, pulled it apart again and it was the same. what are you using to look into the apk?
    When I looked on the phone I didnt see it either, the values folder I mean. Same thing if it's just renamed to a .zip and extracted. Try decompiling it with apktool. if your not sure what that is, google it...

or, if you'd like, post up your framework-res.apk and I can mod it for you, recompile it and post it back.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  7. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Bugless Froyo 0.2 with Helix 1.4 and 1.2 GHZ P3 Kernel
  8. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

I'm on the same rom. check out my edit if you havent already.. until then, out of curiosity im going to check out a few things. it should be pretty easy with apktool though

edit, again:
    if your just extracting the apk it won't have a values folder, you'll need to decompile it as far as i know. tried renaming to a .zip and also just extracting the .apk file, no go. decompiling is the only way I know of..
  9. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Thanks, that would have been impossible to figure out without the apktool. I went ahead and downloaded the apktool 1.3.1 and the apk-install-windows, I will try it out tommorow. I have been putting off working with the apktool for no good reason. I will post back with my results, hopefully some good ones!

If I get stuck I will send you a PM
  10. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

ok cool, no problem! and yeah, i had some small issues setting up apktool at first but now that it's running right its a big help..
Search tags for this page

droid razr slide text

how to finger slide text on motorola razr

how to slide text on max motorola droid

sliding framework res. apk