1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Change roms from phone

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by eirro, Jun 11, 2010.

1. eirro

eirro New Member

I've been looking around for a while now trying to finda topic about my question or something. Don't know if I was searching for the wrong thing or what, so sorry if I missed something. I have been trying to figure out how to root and change roms from your phone, without using a computer since I already have nandroid and sprecovery installed from last time I rooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the moto droid, btw. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. mjh68

mjh68 New Member

I do alot of my changing roms from my phone all the time. If its an update zip , just put at the root of your sd card and boot into recovery . If sp recovery make sure file is named update.zip and allow update.zip then click update.zip. If in clockwork recovery just click on install zip rom sd card, then navigate to the appropriate zip and click on it.

Use astro file manager to allow downloads from browser, by going into preferences and checking the box to allow browser downloads. Then use root explorer to go to your download folder and copy and paste it to the root of the SD card.

If nandroids that are zipped , just download to sd card, long press on them and choose extract. Navigate to the extract folder using root explorer and either copy paste the file or move file to either the nandroid folder for sp recovery or clockwork mod backup folder and install from recovery.
Search tags for this page

change phone rom with update.zip

hot o change th rom on your phone

how do i change the rom on my phone

how to change roms from the phone

how to change the rom on my phone

why change a cell phone rom

why change changing density on rooted phone

why change rom on phone