1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

change M screen

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jason6g, Jul 8, 2010.

1. jason6g

jason6g New Member

one of the things that has bugged me was the motorola logo screen before the bootloader, it shows the M. i have always wanted to dress that up some.

add a slight gradient/shadow to the logo, maybe a hint of reflection under it, maybe even a glass look to it. what bothers me is that i cant seem to find any information about replacing it! ive managed to make my own custom graphics for just about everything else i use/see on my phone, but i cant seem to do it on that M screen.

i presume i have to do some rediculously dangerous process re-flashing some file, but i cant find any documentation.

further ideas, on the devour there is a nice little animation in place, i presume they simply put the bootloader right after, but would be a nice touch to add a fade effect, especially for some of the more elegant roms out there (sapphire)

any help would be greatly appreciated, and if i make any progress ill make sure to add to this thread