Change grid size for more icons on home screen?

0reo

Reaction score
Is there a way, or an app, or a launcher that will allow me to change the grid size on the home screen? WidgetLocker allows me to do this on the lock-screen and its so nice. There's too much wasted space between Widgets / icons as it is stock.

volchonok

Reaction score
Try installing multicon app. Works great for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP

0reo

Reaction score
I just tried it. Not quite what wanted but it might be helpful in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm more looking to change the native grid size so that I can space out calendar, weather, and toggle widgets the way I want. Specifically, I want 5 rows instead of 4.

Last edited:

Raziel36

Reaction score
aefd5794-b114-3826.jpg

LauncherPro Plus.. some things aren't available in the free version, but I believe the row/columns options are.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP

0reo

Reaction score
Launcher pro did it. Thanks guys.

Now, can anyone recommend a replacement for moto's 1-touch txt/caller widget? Moto's doesn't work real well in launcher pro.

Reaction score
Launcher pro did it. Thanks guys.

Now, can anyone recommend a replacement for moto's 1-touch txt/caller widget? Moto's doesn't work real well in launcher pro.

I assume you mean the contact quick tasks and how the pictures are constantly getting zoomed in? I just deal with it and resize them, much to my annoyance after all of these months. I've searched the market a little for an app that can do what you've described a few weeks ago, I came up with nothing.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

pjbowes

Reaction score
I use a program called 'Elixir' I found for free in the market. Create a widget with your desired dimensions, icons, ect.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

80hd

Reaction score
ADW launcher lets you change the number of columns and rows for homescreens and the appdrawer.

I like it quite a bit.

lumenate88

Reaction score
go launcher ex

will allow you to change the grid size e.g. 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, and even more I'm looking for a rom that does this because I'm sick of motoblur and I can't stand 4x4 grid sizes anymore...eclipse rom would be better with the custom grid sizes.