change from Sprecovery to ClockworkMod?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mkzbdroid, Apr 26, 2010.

1. mkzbdroid

mkzbdroid New Member

I started with clockworkmod when I got my droid but lately have been using Sprecovery since Rom Manager no longer supports UD. so was wondering if an using a petes 2.1 stock with rooted bonuses if I can just swap out Sprecovery with Clockwork since I tent to like it better....will there be problems I try to do this?
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I don't see why there would be a problem, it's just an alternative recovery.

Edit: You're just going to want to do a back up after you flash clockwork, since your back ups with SPRecovery aren't compatible with CW.
  3. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

You can flash the 2.1 stock directly through ROM manager so it'd be easier and as Jco said, please make a backup before you do in case anything goes wrong.
  4. ZBoater

ZBoater New Member

ROM Manager makes it pretty painless to go from Clockworld to SPRecovery and back again. Is there a downside to that approach?
  5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Thats what I have been doing. I used Rom Manager to flash SP, installed UDv10 and the update, then I flashed back to Clockwork to install Kernels off Rom Manager... I use Clockwork for all my recoveries now too... Just easier now.