Change Fonts

kingdroid81

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! dancedroid I have been running v1.2 all day and I love it. Just one little thing that bothers me. On every build of Miui since its its inception, I have been able to change my font to Dark Edge except this one. Does anybody know how to do this with this build ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..:)

thebignoob

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! dancedroid I have been running v1.2 all day and I love it. Just one little thing that bothers me. On every build of Miui since its its inception, I have been able to change my font to Dark Edge except this one. Does anybody know how to do this with this build ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..:)

I'm having the same issue, does it have to do with themeing?

Also, anyone have any clue on how to change the clock font at lockscreen?

LilBit

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue! I tried to change my font using gscript and download a font from/through Rom Manager but it didn't change......

thebignoob

Reaction score
Problem Solved: Instead of Replacing DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf with fonts of choice, just replace Arial.ttf and Arial-Bold.ttf in /system/fonts/

OP
kingdroid81

kingdroid81

Reaction score
Problem Solved: Instead of Replacing DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf with fonts of choice, just replace Arial.ttf and Arial-Bold.ttf in /system/fonts/

Is there an easier way to change ? I used to install my fonts with cm. just flash the zip and before you know it, font changed.

LilBit

Reaction score

YAY!!! :icon_ banana: Thanks for the suggestion!!! Im going to try it now.......

canvs2321

Reaction score
Whatup?

I've had a person using one of my apps say using EVO's MIUI Rom they couldn't change fonts. After some research i've found that MIUI uses Arial*.ttf names for fonts, so i installed the ROM on my Droid1 and did some testing, and found out if i replace Arial.ttf,Clockopia.tff and Arial-Bold.ttf i get stuck@boot logo.

but installing just Arial.ttf or Clockopia.ttf or both it'll work.

can anyone shine a light on why modifying Arial-Bold.ttf sticks my device@boot logo screen?

gwwjpd

Reaction score
Whatup?

I've had a person using one of my apps say using EVO's MIUI Rom they couldn't change fonts. After some research i've found that MIUI uses Arial*.ttf names for fonts, so i installed the ROM on my Droid1 and did some testing, and found out if i replace Arial.ttf,Clockopia.tff and Arial-Bold.ttf i get stuck@boot logo.

can anyone shine a light on why modifying Arial-Bold.ttf sticks my device@boot logo screen?

Bump for the bold issue.

martino2k6

Reaction score
Whatup?

Bump for the bold issue.
Apologies for posting in this old thread, but there is another thread regarding your issue where I posted why that happens; http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/102318-change-font-miui.html#post1105636