change font on moto droid?

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
Me and my friend both have Froyo (2.2) on our motorola droids with the blue energy theme installed

is there a way we can change the font on our phones?? like install a 'halo' or 'nintendo' font on our droids? and if this is possible, would we lose our blue energy theme??

Skaggz

Reaction score
My original font set was ported to 2.1 and placed on Rom Manager. Look under forkup's section at the very bottom and called Skaggzfont. I suppose it should work on froyo, I really haven't heard either way. And no, it wont mess with your theme.

go to Fonts - Skaggz Hackz for screen shots of the different fonts. sorry, I'm posting this from my phone and links are a pain on the mobile site.

Cortez

Reaction score
I am having this same issue, i dont use rom manager. My SMS font is huge and I tried using the fonts option in the App Spare Parts but it didnt change anything.

any help would be great!! Thanks

istolvampire

Reaction score
I tried manually changing mine in rootexplorer but can't switch the permissions back after the change so I get endless boot loop. Hope someone smarter can tell us how to do it.

edit: I used two ttf files and rootexplorer to get my font to stick. Make sure all the permissions are set correctly.

Last edited:

Cortez

Reaction score
I tried manually changing mine in rootexplorer but can't switch the permissions back after the change so I get endless boot loop. Hope someone smarter can tell us how to do it.

edit: I used two ttf files and rootexplorer to get my font to stick. Make sure all the permissions are set correctly.

What did you change permissions to? and what did you change the permissions of?

Skaggz

Reaction score
Root Explorer can be buggy to change the fonts correctly. When 2.1 rolled out, Metamorph quit working as well for this. Currently the only way would be either ADB, or updade.zip format.

I use the update.zip method now. When you download from Rom Manager, thats what you get. Also, Blackdroid has them on his website in the downloads section as well.

istolvampire

Reaction score

I changed the permissions of the two ttf files to the same permissions of the two ttf files I replaced once they were in place.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Skaggs, this works perfect through Rom Manager Downloads on Bugless Beast 0.2 Froyo

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
My original font set was ported to 2.1 and placed on Rom Manager. Look under forkup's section at the very bottom and called Skaggzfont. I suppose it should work on froyo, I really haven't heard either way. And no, it wont mess with your theme.

go to Fonts - Skaggz Hackz for screen shots of the different fonts. sorry, I'm posting this from my phone and links are a pain on the mobile site.

i had problems and brought my droid back to 2.0.1 then back to 2.1

how do i get those fonts? iM REALLY interested. please help??

OSX2000

Reaction score
is there a way we can change the font on our phones?? like install a 'halo' or 'nintendo' font on our droids? and if this is possible, would we lose our blue energy theme??
Can't help ya with the Nintendo font, but Halo can be had here:
Black Droid Mod -> Download Manager -> Fonts -> Halo
It won't mess with your theme. If you're worried about it, you can unzip the file and install the two fonts manually instead of update.zip'ing it.

The two fonts you put in, DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf, need to have permissions of: rw-r--r--