change font in sprecovery?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by beatboiii, Aug 25, 2010.

1. beatboiii

beatboiii New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently installed the ss evo theme (best theme ever btw) and everything is great except the font. Its too thin and hurts my eyes. I know there's options to install new fonts but they're all done through the clockwork recovery. Anyway to do this via sprecovery? Thanks for the help

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Check the developers site and see if there is a SU command that modifies the font size.

Mike

3. gotta have that funk

Ratings:
    +0
    flash clockwork, flash new font, flash back to sprecovery.

done.

4. justintosh

justintosh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The font to use is…

Helvetica Neue LT Regular

The font used in the theme is Helvetica Neue LT Ultralight, which is a beautiful font, but too thin for UI work. The regular version is spectacular, and much more readable. Google around for it. It's out there.

You can then google a tutorial on how to replace the Android system font, which will tell you how to swap out /system/fonts/DroidSans.ttf with a copy of Helvetica Neue LT Regular with the same filename.

If you can't find Helvetica Neue LT Regular, just plain Helvetica or Helvetica Neue will work too.

5. jbrtzfldr

jbrtzfldr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rename the DefaultFonts.zip to update.zip and flash away.

6. justintosh

justintosh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can do that, but you'll end up with Droid Sans, which is the default Android font. That would basically defeat the purpose of the theme, which is to use Helvetica as the system font. Hence my suggestion to just swap it out for a thicker and therefore more legible variant of Helvetica.

On a side note, I tried swapping out the fonts in the Default-fonts.zip with my own, but it kept giving me errors saying the files were in use (they weren't, and they were on my HD). Not sure why that happened, but if it could work, that would be an easier way to change the fonts.

Search tags for this page

how to change samsung galaxy s3 font to helvetica neue ultra