Change Batter Color/Icon?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pyro6128, Feb 6, 2010.

1. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Change Battery Color/Icon?

Is there a way to change the color of the battery, or the battery icon itself?

#1 pyro6128, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No not without being rooted and getting into the framework.res file in your /system folder and changing all kinds of crap around......but there are some ROMs that do this already, I know the Smoked Glass ROM from AdamZ has a blue battery icon instead of green....but I think that's it actually....

3. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    yea i'm rooted running bb 7.4, i guess it was smoked glass that I saw that had the blue one. I also saw someone with a different icon altogether. I was hoping it wouldn't be too much of a process but it seems like it might be, and I wouldn't want to mess anything up

4. kevdog

kevdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its easy to do -- you need to modify your framework-res.apk file. Ive done it a bunch of times -- yes the first time seems very complex but after that the actual process of pushing things to the phone takes like 2 min. It just depends

5. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    how would I go about doing that?

6. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    if you go into your framework-res.zip file, go into /res/drawable-hdpi and change all the files that start with stat_sys_battery. It's definitely easier to use his metamorph glass theme and call it a day though, but those are the fiiles that make up the battery in your status bar...

7. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    eh, I wouldnt really know what I was doing. I don't know where those files are or how I would even go about changing them. I just thought it would be cool to have a blue, red, or even yellow battery with my current setup

8. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    i wouldnt change them, but if you have a set up you like and just want to switch the battery, you could copy those files out of the framework they come with and paste them in yours and re-push your framework to your phone. It's easier than it sounds...

9. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    is there some where i could go that would have steps on what to do, or something to that effect

10. Mars

Mars Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bro ur gonna get everyone to tell u its soooo easy yet they WILL NOT provide the steps for you.. I also would like to know how to do this. For us noobs we need a rooting for dummies type instructions. All these jargons being thrown left and right does not help neither....therefore a lot of us just end up giving up.

11. kevdog

kevdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The easiest way to do this is through metamorph. Yes you need root but it sounds like you are already rooted.

Install metamorph through the market.

I would then go for a starter and download xeoduses metamorph theme AS A STARTER!!!

Its located here:
    AllDroid - View topic - xHero-Theme (v1.6) **UPDATED 01/12/10**

Pull the framework.apk from your phone, rename the extension to .zip. Extract the file to a directory on your computer. Go to the drawable-hdpi folder and your icons will be there. Id do the same with xeoduses metamorph theme as well. What I would do is to compare the drawable-hdpi files, and any original icons you want to keep, I would drag and drop them to the metamorph folder. Change or insert any icons you want to change -- but for starters don't edit or leave out any .9.png files (these can be edited however its a little bit trickier). Once you get all your changes within the metamorph framework theme (Remember your changes in the metamorph theme are in the framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi folder), push the theme to your /sdcard/nandroid-themes. Open metamorph on your phone, choose the xeodus theme, and then choose only to apply the framework-res modifications. That should be about it.

12. Mars

Mars Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks KevDog

Search tags for this page
android battery color change
android change battery color

change battery color android

change battery icon color android

change color of battery icon android

how to change android battery color