change banner on lock screen?

loco

Reaction score
is it possible to change the verizon banner that appears on the lock screen ?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Settings > UD Settings > User Interface > Date and Provider

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
L

loco

Reaction score
i knew i had to be loosing my mind when i couldnt find it. but, i see how to turn it on and off, but is it possible to change it to something else ?

thanks ! UD rocks !!

Last edited:

tjkriegel

Reaction score
You have to edit the Eri.xml located in framework-res.apk/res/xml folder.

Here is the code from the decompiled apk:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <EriFile VersionNumber="1357" NumberOfEriEntries="19" EriFileType="1">
<CallPromptId Id="0" CallPromptText="CallPromptId0" />

<CallPromptId Id="1" CallPromptText="CallPromptId1" />

<CallPromptId Id="2" CallPromptText="CallPromptId2" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="0" IconIndex="0" IconMode="0" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="1" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="2" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="64" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Verizon Wireless" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="65" IconIndex="65" IconMode="0" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="66" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="67" IconIndex="67" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="68" IconIndex="68" IconMode="0" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="69" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="70" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="71" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="72" IconIndex="72" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="73" IconIndex="73" IconMode="0" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="74" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="75" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="76" IconIndex="76" IconMode="0" EriText="Verizon Wireless" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="77" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Verizon Wireless" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="78" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="79" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

</EriFile>

On RoamingIndicator="64" change the EriText from Verizon to whatever you want it to display.

Just use apk manager to decompile, recompile and resign your framework-res.apk and push back into your phone.

If you do a search there is also a tutorial on editing the Eri.xml using a hex editor so you don't have to decompile/recompile but that limits you to the 16 characters used by verizon wireless.

If you feel this is too difficult send me a pm with what you would like it to say and I can throw together an update.zip for you to install.

OP
L

loco

Reaction score
hey thanks for the reply. unfortunately im not quite on that level yet. ive been experimenting with a few things, but nothing this in depth. thanks so much for the info. im sending the pm now.

Rodeojones

Reaction score
So i dont have the banner, nor have I ever seen it. is their a reason for that??

I don't have it either. Never have. But I'm a former Alltel customer and I still use my old Alltel family plan and I was told by Verizon that this is the reason my phone doesn't have the banner.