Change app Icons and Text?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by icculusX, Mar 18, 2010.

1. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this was addressed already, and if so please link me up. I thought I would ask to get your thoughts...

I am running Ultimate 7.8 overclocked and its been amaing. Seriously I only had 1 reboot in many days, and otherwise its been running fast, cool, and very well. So off topic, 2.1 will not be downloaded from me! Yea!

My question is mostly about icons, and I know it has been discussed a bunch in the forum but maybe there are other ways to do what I want. See, like most I like to personalize my stuff. Customize. I don't like some icons, and would like to replace them...

I am using Apps Organizer as folders on my 'desktop' right now and thats nice because you can set them as any icon you want. Plus, I know about BetterCut, but that only changes the icon on the 'desktop' yet I hear it stays the same in the drawer. Lastly, back before my rooted days I used PandaHome and it had the greatest UI for icons (and off topic it had those little slide out drawer tabs that rocked). You long press, and in a submenu you were able to change the icon AND the text under it. This is exactly what I am looking for in a launcher/app. Thats what I am looking to do, but dont see any apps that do it well. (plus on a side note, pandahome crashed like crazy for me and was making my life hell, hence I am now rooted and it's uninstalled).

So yea, I dont know if I can use the root explorer to learn more about icons and changing them, mostly without junking my phone and having to restore. I am curious to any methods. I am a graphic designer and also pretty understanding of technology so I would like to learn. I am running Helix now, its amazing, and I just wish they woudl add a few more things like this icon customization (and maybe those sweet pull out tabs in pandahome!). </rant>

any help or thoughts would be nice. thanks guys... :icon_eek::motdroidvert:

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no ideas you hacking geniuses?

Search tags for this page

android app icon text

can i change app icon on s5

change icon text android development

change text icon droid

how change droid icon text